Topic: I have some trouble in using two Maps in one scene.

Hello,
     I need to use two maps in one scene at the diffirent time. So, I create a map in the scene, then clone the map. When I use the first map, I set the second map to be false. Before I use the second map, I set all the scripts of the first map to be false, but the image of the first is still active.
    At the beginning, I have tested it without any error. However, when I use the second map, I found the picture would not update when I zoom up or down the map. But it would be ok, if I draged the map before zoom up or down it.     Whereas, I don't want to do this additional action. I hope I have made myself understood. I truly need your help.

Re: I have some trouble in using two Maps in one scene.

Hello.

For Online Maps, disabling the first map is not enough.
To use the second map correctly, you must destroy the first map instance.

Why do you need two maps?
Perhaps I can give you a way to do this with one instance of the map.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hello.

For Online Maps, disabling the first map is not enough.
To use the second map correctly, you must destroy the first map instance.

Why do you need two maps?
Perhaps I can give you a way to do this with one instance of the map.

Thanks for your reply.
    I need to use the map in one scene twice for two diffirent purposes.
    I would have thought I could make it by the steps which I told you, because you can see there is only one issue to be solved according to my description. However, maybe the fact is not what I thought. But I still want to try it.
     Can you explain why the function of the second map will be normal after I drag the map. I think I can solve the problem if I know how to drag the map through a indirect way.

You can force the map drag using OnlineMapsControlBase.isMapDrag = true.
http://infinity-code.com/doxygen/online … c7be2f70ac

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

You can force the map drag using OnlineMapsControlBase.isMapDrag = true.
http://infinity-code.com/doxygen/online … c7be2f70ac

Sorry, it does not work. Instead, the modification brings some errors. Could you give more suggestions to find out what change after I drag the map to cuase the function to be normal. If you have extra time, you can test what I describe.
     Looking forward your reply! THX! Best Wishes!

Please tell me in detail about your maps.
I only know that you are using two instances.
This is not enough for testing and some advice.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Please tell me in detail about your maps.
I only know that you are using two instances.
This is not enough for testing and some advice.

Firstly, I built a map in the scene.
Secondly, I cloned the map and texture image and renamed them.
I knew the truth that two maps couldn't work normally  simultaneously, so I disabled the second map before using the first map.  Similarly, I used the second map after making the first map disabled. (I need to control the first map until I use the second map. But I  I still hope the image of the first map existing, so I create a RawImage to save the picture of the first map.)
When I was zooming the second map, the picture of the map would not update, but I could see textue and the zoom number changed.
However, if I drag the second map before zoom it, all the function will be normal.
The above is the details of my operation.
BTW, the map souces I used is the resource not online.

I reproduced your description and I see no problems here.
Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2egfodu58jps4 … s.mp4?dl=0
Did I miss something?

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

I reproduced your description and I see no problems here.
Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2egfodu58jps4 … s.mp4?dl=0
Did I miss something?

Yes, you did! I have watched the video, there was no problems, because you draged the second map firstly rather than zooming it. Please zoom the map first, maybe you will find the picture of the map won't update.
    THX!

I just checked zoom first and it works correctly.

Perhaps your problem is that you have a focus not on Game View window?!
If you switch maps like on video, you have a focus on the inspector window.
In this case, wheel zoom does not work to not scroll the map when you scroll the inspector (or any other window) using the mouse wheel.
Focus on Game View window, and the scroll will work again.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

I just checked zoom first and it works correctly.

Perhaps your problem is that you have a focus not on Game View window?!
If you switch maps like on video, you have a focus on the inspector window.
In this case, wheel zoom does not work to not scroll the map when you scroll the inspector (or any other window) using the mouse wheel.
Focus on Game View window, and the scroll will work again.

Thanks for your test. But the fact is that I did have a focus on Game View Window.
Maybe you have not cloned the picture of the first map texture as the second map's texture picture before running the test.
For I want to reserve the picture of the first map after making it disabled. So I must use two diffirent picture, and build a Raw Image to save the image of the first map's picture.
When you test the function as what I told, you will find that when you zoom the second map, it has no reaction unless you drag the map.
I am sorry I did not emphasis this point.
I hope I have not make you confused.
Best wishes!!!

As you can see in the video, on the second map I create a new texture using Online Maps inspector.
I also tried changing the zoom using the inspector, and this also works on my side.

Let's try another way:
Please make a short video of how you create maps with a demonstration of the problem.
I will reproduce the steps from your video to find the problem.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

As you can see in the video, on the second map I create a new texture using Online Maps inspector.
I also tried changing the zoom using the inspector, and this also works on my side.

Let's try another way:
Please make a short video of how you create maps with a demonstration of the problem.
I will reproduce the steps from your video to find the problem.

Yes, I watched the vedio carefully again. In the second map, you did create a new texture but you are using Online Maps inspector rather than duplicating the picture in the Assets followed draging the picture into the Online Maps inspector's Texture.
I didn't know the way to create a new texture using Online Maps inspector. This way is OK. It solves my problem, thank you so much!!!