Topic: SRTM 30 Login Error

Authorization error on usgs.gov. Please check your login and password.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Generators.RealWorldTerrainSRTM30ElevationGenerator:OnAuthCheckComplete(RealWorldTerrainDownloadItemAction) (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Generators/RealWorldTerrainSRTM30ElevationGenerator.cs:229)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Net.RealWorldTerrainDownloadItemAction:CheckComplete() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Net/RealWorldTerrainDownloadItemAction.cs:25)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Net.RealWorldTerrainDownloadManager:CheckComplete() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Net/RealWorldTerrainDownloadManager.cs:61)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Phases.RealWorldTerrainDownloadingPhase:Enter() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Phases/RealWorldTerrainDownloadingPhase.cs:19)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Windows.RealWorldTerrainWindow:Update() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Windows/RealWorldTerrainWindow.cs:418)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Has been working fine until now ... is this a problem with EarthData or Infinity Code?

Thanks

Re: SRTM 30 Login Error

Hello.

Just checked authorization on usgs.gov and downloading SRTM30 data ...
On my side it works correctly.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi, thanks for the quick response smile

Working here now, must have been a USGS issue.

BTW, luv the Asset. 

Would be handy if I could use DEM 8 data wink

Cheers

Please give me a link to DEM 8.
Google, Wikipedia, and Earth Explorer don't show anything like that.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

https://worlddem-database.terrasar.com/

Unfortunately, this has no way for automated downloads, so I cannot add this.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Resuscitating the original report.  I'm seeing the following using the same creds I successfully auth with on urs.earthdata.nasa.gov and earthexplorer.usgs.gov.  Am I not registered with the correct usgs.gov site?

Authorization error on usgs.gov. Please check your login and password.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Generators.RealWorldTerrainSRTM30ElevationGenerator:OnAuthCheckComplete (InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Net.RealWorldTerrainDownloadItemAction) (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Generators/RealWorldTerrainSRTM30ElevationGenerator.cs:236)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Net.RealWorldTerrainDownloadItemAction:CheckComplete () (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Net/RealWorldTerrainDownloadItemAction.cs:25)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Net.RealWorldTerrainDownloadManager:CheckComplete () (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Net/RealWorldTerrainDownloadManager.cs:61)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Phases.RealWorldTerrainDownloadingPhase:Enter () (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Phases/RealWorldTerrainDownloadingPhase.cs:19)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Windows.RealWorldTerrainWindow:Update () (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Windows/RealWorldTerrainWindow.cs:385)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

uwr.error: "HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized"

I just tested it and have the same error in RWT but urs.earthdata.nasa.gov authorization works correctly.
It looks like this service has temporarily or permanently disabled the authorization method that RWT uses.

Thanks for the bug report.
I will try to find a new way to authorize on this service.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Same problem here.

Unfortunately, I failed to make authorization on urs.earthdata.nasa.gov.

How I think to fix it in the future:
I'm working on a terrain data compression technology that I plan to release at the end of September.
This technology can be used outside of Unity, and gives lossless compression MUCH higher than HGT+ZIP.
I will download and recompress all SRTM parts and upload them to my server.
This will work around the problem with urs.earthdata.nasa.gov.
I think that this will be done in October-November.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.