Topic: Unity 2018.2.18f1 OM Building doesn't work

Hello,
Just tested OM with Unity 2018.2.18f1 and building not apear(without any errors in console), tried both stable and beta branch.

Re: Unity 2018.2.18f1 OM Building doesn't work

Hello.

You are from Russia, right?
In 2018, Roskomnadzor began a war with Telegram, and blocked many innocent sites that had no relation to Telegram.
One such site is OSM Overpass API.

Solution: use VPN.
For example, I can recommend Windscribe.
This is a free VPN which gives you 10gb of traffic per month, which is more than enough.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by leviniarened 2018-12-02 21:54:03)

Thanks Alex for pointing me to the right direction. Going to use OM on mobile (commercial app), so VPN isn't suitable in my case. After googling a bit, got information that France overpass doesn't blocked by garbage-roskomnadzor sad, and small replacement in url query makes everything works.

Maybe that will be useful for Russian users

OnlineMapsOSMAPIQuery.cs

private OnlineMapsOSMAPIQuery(string data)
{
        _status = OnlineMapsQueryStatus.downloading;
        string url = "http://overpass.openstreetmap.fr/api/interpreter?data=" + OnlineMapsWWW.EscapeURL(data);
        www = OnlineMapsUtils.GetWWW(url);
        www.OnComplete += OnRequestComplete;
}

P.S. Could you do an optional switch between overpass hosts in further release, i guess somewhere at troubleshooting section? Russian community will bless you smile

Thanks for the idea.
The French server did not work for me.
But kumi.systems works well and is not blocked.

https://overpass.kumi.systems/api/interpreter?data=
Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.