Topic: uGUI button event not firing until cursor is outside button

Hello, Ive set up two basic uGUI buttons for zooming in and out, as well as a button to switch from 2d to 3d, my problem is that on all 3 buttons, the event never fires until the cursor is moved outside of the button, then the event fires and button logic behaves correctly. Is this a bug or do I need to refresh the map somehow? I noticed that after closing the unity editor and re-launching, the first time playing the scene the button logic seems to be firing fine, when I exit play mode then play again, the error occurs.

Re: uGUI button event not firing until cursor is outside button

Hello.

I've never seen such a bug.
With a 99% probability, a bug is on your side.
If you send your scene as a package to us (support@infinity-code.com), I will be able to check what happens and give you recommendations how to fix this.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Ok, I will get it packaged up tonight and send it over. I am working with bolt visual scripting, so just to be sure I will set up some button logic without bolt to make sure its not a problem on their end.

Hey Alex, You were right, I started a new scene to package up for you, and ugui buttons were working fine. I went back through the scene that was causing problems (still had the issue) and could not figure out a solution. strange, but all is good, thank you for supporting your product!

well, the problem has re-surfaced. Sliders and buttons are effected. I'll send you a project package tonight.

It seems to be from manipulating values in camera control (camera distance, camera rotation), for example to switch from 2d view to 3d, I rotate the camera to x 65 y 0 by pressing a button. The event manager shows the event taking place at the time of press, but the map doesn't update until the cursor is moved off the button collider. I use a slider to change the camera distance with the same issue. the camera distance value never updates until the cursor is dragged outside of the slider. take note that if you click and hold on the slider, then drag away from the slider, then move it, the map updates.

I use another button to set a destination the user types into a text field. when the button is pressed the destination is used to get directions and draw the route, as well as rotating the camera and setting camera distance. this works as expected.

Setting maptype (terrain, satellite) using the same button logic works as intended. fyi

It is very interesting.
If possible, please send me a scene where I can test it.
I do not need your working project. I need ANY scene where the problem is appears.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hey Alex thanks for the reply, I am using bolt visual scripting and attempted to package a scene for you, but it will not work without  owning a copy of bolt. I am working with the developer to see if there is a way to share the scene. If they don't come up with an answer I'll PM you.
P.S your maps plug in seems to work really well with bolt, I had to modify a few of your example scripts to get them reflected correctly, If your interested I can provide more detailed info of the changes I made if your interested in integrating with Bolt in the future.

To reproduce this bug required bolt?
According to your previous description of the problem, it is not needed.

Yesterday I already wrote to the creators of bolt a message with a suggestion to make the integration of our assets.
I'm still waiting for some answer.
If you wrote that it works well as is, then perhaps some additional integration is not needed.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

No, Bolt is not required, I have emailed you a package with just online maps and a super simple rotate camera on button press C# script. the problem shows, and is the same problem i was having with bolt as well.

Your plug in does integrate somewhat with bolt, however things like google directions have been difficult to accomplish.
One question, What is the purpose of having your methods private instead of public? public methods can be hooked to UI objects super easy and your methods will reflect better in Bolt. Just curious.

The Bolt problem is not in public or private methods.
In this case, the problem is that Bolt does not work with System.Action.
In Online Maps, most interactions use this.

We make public only the methods to which we want to give users access.
Make all methods and fields public is wrong.

We have already started working on integration.
Screenshot attached.
Most likely it will be available next week.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon img1.png 112.96 kb, 122 downloads since 2018-04-06 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Awesome! In my limited C# knowledge I understand making methods public is not always correct, it was just the only way I knew how to make it work. Thanks for supporting your plug in so well, Let me know what you come up with regarding the button issue.

http://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopic.php?id=821

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.