Topic: [iOS][UGUI] Map stuck zooming out

Hello!

I believe there is a bug with the map zoom.

I've built an iOS app that displays a map using a texture and UGUI. When I run it on an iPhone, it gets stuck zooming out, regardeless of what I do: double tap the map, use two fingers or even set the zoom using another script.

For a couple of frames, I can see the map slightly zoomed in, but then it immediately snaps back to max zoom out. The initial zoom, set in the inspector, doesn't do anything, the map always displays the entire continent (centered around a location of my choice).

This problem doesn't seem to occur on Android (and it works just fine in the Editor) and appart from that, everything apparently works as it should (adding markers, navigating, getting information about a given location).

Re: [iOS][UGUI] Map stuck zooming out

Hello.

You are the second one who wrote about such a bug, so I'm sure this bug happens in Online Maps.
The first who wrote about the problem, had problems with Tileset, so this is not depend on control.
In addition, he pointed out that the problem occurs only on older devices (iPhone 5 and less, iOS8 and less).

Please, tell in detail all the information about the bug: on what devices this happens, when, what settings you use, and any additional information.
Perhaps you have an idea what is causing the problem.

Unfortunately, we can not reproduce the problem.
But if the second customer describes the same problem, then it really is.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by vlucki 2017-04-29 16:03:00)

Oh, sorry about the lack of information, my bad

The problem is happening with an iPhone 5c running iOS 10.3

I am using the latest version of your plugin - 2.5.7.1

After rolling back to the version 2.5.3.1, it works partially (the initial zoom is correct and I am able to zoom in, but zooming out is broken both on iOS and Android).

I also did some testing using Unity 5.6 and the behaviour changed a little bit. The initial zoom was set properly the first time around and it only started zooming out once I touched the map. Trying to zoom in with two fingers sometimes worked, but eventually the map became completely unresponsive (no dragging, zooming or anything), but the app itself was still working and setting a new "center point" through code (that is, giving some coordinates and asking the map to center it) refreshed the map and brought it back to life (until I tried to zoom in again).

Hello.

We were able to reproduce the problem once.
After a small modification of the code, the problem is gone and do not reproduced again.
It's pretty funny, because we did not modify anything serious, just removed the duplicate code.
Perhaps it had a typo.

Try to update to v2.5.8.1.
If the problem persists, please contact us again and we will look more.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi Support Team
Same problem.
I am using Unity 5.6 and iphone 5. xcode 8.3

I used lasted version your packages.
Please check it and let me know. This is very important for me
Thanks

Alex, sorry for the (very) late response...

It seems the problem was fixed indeed - at the very least on the specific device it was occurring on

As always, thank you for the excellent support!

Hello.

To hezhejin1227:
Please tell us about your problem in as much detail as possible.
What version of Online Maps you're using? v2.5.6 (from Unity Asset Store) or v2.5.10.1 (from the built-in update system)?
Any details can help to find the problem.

To vlucki:
I am very glad that for you the problem is solved.
Please tell us and other customers how you solved the problem.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hey, Just wanted to chime in that I am having the same issue.

I am testing it on an iPhone 5c, however I am still using 2.5.6.1 of Online Maps. I know there is a newer one available, but for some reason my updater in Unity doesn't do anything... (that might be a post for a separate thread)

I am using a UI Raw Image Control. The problem only occurs on device and not in the Editor. My Unity version if 5.6.1f1. Not sure if there is any other relevant info I can give you...

Thanks in advance.

Hello.

We already fixed the problem with the new invoice numbers format, and sent a new version to Unity Asset Store.
Currently we are awaiting approval of the new version.
Send us email (support@infinity-code.com) with your invoice number, and we will send you a direct link to the latest version of Online Maps.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hi. I got the latest version from your email, and I see that it's been updated on the asset store anyway, so all good there smile

I can confirm that the problem with the zooming is fixed in the latest version.

Thanks again!

vlucki wrote:

Hello!

I believe there is a bug with the map zoom.

I've built an iOS app that displays a map using a texture and UGUI. When I run it on an iPhone, it gets stuck zooming out, regardeless of what I do: double tap the map, use two fingers or even set the zoom using another script.

Hi Alex !
I currently have kind of the same issue as vluki but for me the map get stuck zooming in. I am using Online Maps v3.3.1.1.
I tried on an iPhone 5 and 5c, both with iOS 10.3.3 and when I tried to pinch to zoom out, it automatically zooms back in to the minimum zoom value.
But when I tried on an iPhone 6 with iOS 12.1.4 it works as intented, the pinch to zoom in or out works fine.
It also works as intended on Android devices, no matter if it's an old or new device with an old or new Android version.

Hello.

Unfortunately, I can not check it on iPhone 5 and 5c, because I no longer have such old devices.
Try using some touch framework (EasyTouch, Fingers - Touch Gestures (has a free version), or TouchScript (free)).
In this case, gestures will be processed outside Online Maps and the problem will go away.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hi Alex

Thanks for your answer, I used the free version of Fingers and it works nicely smile

14 (edited by emmanuel.g.blanchard 2019-08-01 04:19:21)

My 2 cts...

I came across the same bug after switching to OnlineMaps v3.4  two days ago (running Unity 2019.1.11)
Old iphone 4 does not like finger gestures (was working like a charm with onlineMaps 2.5 ish). Tried the fix with using Fingers - Touch Gestures (free version). No success on iphone 4.

Investigated a bit. the problem is actually an event occurring when you touch the screen with 2 fingers. It directly zoom to 20.
Since a pinch always starts with that... you are stuck . The issue happened on Tiles control as well as on UI Image Control (didn t try the other ones). No issue when zoom is deactivated (i.e. 2fingers event is not captured ... but no zoom...)

A way to slightly mitigate the effect is to disable smooth zoom, a sole pinch is eventually good enough to go from 20 to 1 so users could find the zoom level that suits them... but as soon as you do another pinch... same effect... It restarts at 20. Bottom line, that s not a great UX.

Conclusion. For me, time to say goodbye to users of iPhone 4 (close to 10 years old now...)

But thanks for the great asset. I like many of the updates of 3.4 so far.

PS: on a side note, while testing, i realized that smooth zoom on tile control is frequently unreliable with the mouse wheel (tested in editors on both mac and pc, and in a PC build. The test was on a dummy project with only variant generations of map and the main camera). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes the change of zoom level occurs once you click the mouse afterward... On the other hand, smooth zoom with UI Image Control works like a charm.

Hello.

on a side note, while testing, i realized that smooth zoom on tile control is frequently unreliable with the mouse wheel (tested in editors on both mac and pc, and in a PC build.

Thanks for the bug report.
This is a known issue and has already been fixed.
The new version will be available in the middle of next week.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.