Topic: Problems with 5.6.0f3

Hi Alex,

I've just updated one of our old working projects to 5.6.0f3 (with old version of OnlineMaps) - everything worked fine until I updated to the latest version of OnlineMaps which caused panning & double-tap-to-zoom to stop working for all map types.
I created a new project that just contains OnlineMaps and got the same problem, so I opened the same project in the last 5.5 release and all works fine.
Have you any idea what might be going on here? Is 5.6 supported yet?

Thanks

Re: Problems with 5.6.0f3

Hello.

Online Maps supports Unity v5.6.
I just checked the operation of these features on Unity v5.6.0f3, and everything works well.

What publishing platform do you use?
The problem is appears in Unity Editor or after publication?

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by nigel.moore 2017-04-12 10:55:33)

Hi,

I'm having the issue within the editor.

Upon further testing it works fine on a macbook pro (OSX 10.10.5) but not on my windows laptop (new Alienware running Windows 10). I am going to try and re-install Unity to see if there is some problem with the install ...

I use Unity exactly on Win10.
What platform (File / Build Settings / Platform) do you use?
This problem may depend on the platform (but to make it clear, I tested all supported platforms).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

5 (edited by nigel.moore 2017-04-12 14:12:23)

Hi Alex,

Strangley when using the latest version of OLM in Unity 5.5 all interaction works in the editor but not when published (just using the demo Tileset scene). Published windows builds from a mac using the latest OLM release also display the same issue on the Alienware ...

The problem seems to only happen on my Alienware 15 (Windows 10, NVidia GTX1070) as published maps with the OnlineMaps 2.5.6  work on other windows 10 machines (even when published from the Alienware).

Strangely though, OLM version 2.4.0.3 works as expected on the Alienware machine?

Would you be able to supply the version before the latest release to the asset store to me? I am just trying to track down when this issue started for me ...

p.s. I have not come across any other issues with Unity 5.6.0f3

6 (edited by nigel.moore 2017-04-12 15:09:22)

Ok on further testing. Publishing using OLM 2.4.0.3 works on the Alienware but publishing from OLM 2.4.0.62 and above does not (I have tried using 2.4.0.62, 2.5.0.19 and 2.5.6.1).

Was there a change in how you look for / deal with input between 2.4.0.3 and 2.4.0.62?

I think that I know what the problem is - your Alienware supports touches.
Try to replace OnlineMapsControlBase.GetTouchCount and let me know the result:

public int GetTouchCount()
{
    if (OnGetTouchCount != null) return OnGetTouchCount();

#if UNITY_WEBGL && !UNITY_EDITOR
    return Input.GetMouseButton(0) ? 1 : 0;
#else
    if (Input.touchSupported)
    {
        if (Input.touchCount > 0) return Input.touchCount;
    }
    return Input.GetMouseButton(0) ? 1 : 0;
#endif
}
Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

That fix works in editor and published on the Alienware - also tested on mac and windows 7

Thank you Alex - excellent support as always