Topic: 2D Marker interaction Events

Hi Alex,

Having some problems with events not being fired when clicking on any 2D markers in a Tileset map. In my current project everything was working as expected at first, but today the events have stopped being fired - both OnClick and OnDoubleClick - all I have done is reorder my hierarchy but have not changed any scripts. Tooltips still show for markers but not events hmm

Here is the code I am using (which was working until this afternoon):

public class MarkerEventHandler : MonoBehaviour
{
    public delegate void ClickAction(OnlineMapsMarkerBase marker);
    public static event ClickAction markerClickedEvent;

// Use this for initialization
    void Start ()
    {
        OnlineMaps api = OnlineMaps.instance;

foreach(var marker in api.markers)
        {
            marker.OnClick += OnMarkerClick;

Debug.LogFormat("Marker {0} found",marker.label);
        }
    }

private void OnMarkerClick (OnlineMapsMarkerBase marker)
    {
        Debug.Log(marker.label);

if(markerClickedEvent != null)
            markerClickedEvent(marker);
    }
}

The Debug.Log in Start() shows the name of the marker but OnMarkerClick() doesn't get called??

This same thing happened on a separate project the I was experimenting with as well so I tried making a unity package of all the assets and loaded it not a new project, but the same problem existed (no marker events). Only after creating a totally new project and importing the assets one by one could I get it to work ...

Have you come across this happening before? Have you any suggestions for what it might be and how I might fix it? It's quite a large project and I really don't want to have to start over again.

Thanks

Re: 2D Marker interaction Events

Ok so even if I create a new scene in the project and add only the components needed to listen for OnClick events nothing happens - but if I create a completely new barebones project then marker events are fired as expected ...

Hello.

Most likely you have some other collider over the map.
Use Physics.RaycastAll, to find the collider, which causes a problem.
http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference … stAll.html

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

4 (edited by nigel.moore 2015-11-19 17:43:53)

Hi

Thanks for the response but I have no objects with colliders in the scene, just a camera, a game object with the OnlineMaps components on it and a game object with the MarkerEventHandler script attached - however I did attach a script to the camera to check using RaycastAll and it finds nothing.

Very interesting.
Please send to support a scene in which we can check it.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

OK will do, thanks.