Topic: Getting stuck at "Generate heightmaps"

I initially had success generating terrains, but the last several tries I always get stuck at "Generate heightmaps".  I never get any progress.  Leaving it run overnight the progress never goes up even 1%.  No errors, no logs in the console, just stuck. 

Where do I look to figure out what is going wrong? 

Unity 5.4.0, RWT 2.6.20

Post's attachments

Attachment icon rwt_stuck.png 95.6 kb, 120 downloads since 2017-01-30 

Re: Getting stuck at "Generate heightmaps"

Also, how do I wipe out all settings to get back to all defaults?  (which initially worked for me)

Hello.

Unfortunately, your image has a very low resolution, and I can not read the text.
In the screenshot «Generate Heightmaps» phase, correct?
The progress bar shows 30-40 percent.
In this case, I did not understand what the problem is.

Or do you mean that progress is stuck at this value?
If yes, then try to restart generation.
Please send a screenshot of your settings and I'll check it.

To restore the default settings, select:
Window / Infinity Code / Real World Terrain / Clear Settings
If you for some reason do not have this item, please write us again, and I'll send you the script.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

There's no text to read other than I'm at "Generate Heightmaps" step and progress is stalled at 33%.  Depending on quality settings I choose and the size of the area I'm trying to create, it will stop at a different percent, but always when it hits the Generate Heightmaps step.  I've copied the project to another computer and it does the same thing.  Once it his Generate Heightmaps there is no more progress, even after I left it alone for 14 hours.

Please send a screenshot of your settings.
I will try to generate it.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

6 (edited by Joe Censored 2017-02-01 07:25:29)

I ended up getting past this after completely removing everything and reinstalling.  That seemed to fix the specific problem here.  Now though I'm getting 500 errors any time I try to use Bing maps, but it works fine when using SRTM. 

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) DEM server did not return tile..
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus (System.Net.WebAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SetResponseData (System.Net.WebConnectionData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
RealWorldTerrainDownloaderItem:OnDownloadDataComplete(Object, DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs) (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/RealWorldTerrainDownloader.cs:292)
System.Net.WebClient:<DownloadDataAsync>m__D(Object)

And if it is not a 500 error it is a request timeout

System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse (System.Net.WebRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataCore (System.Uri address, System.Object userToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
RealWorldTerrainDownloaderItem:OnDownloadDataComplete(Object, DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs) (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/RealWorldTerrainDownloader.cs:292)
System.Net.WebClient:<DownloadDataAsync>m__D(Object)

Error 500 - is Internal Server Error.

This can be a temporary error, and Bing Maps will fix it soon.
Or it can be a permanent error:
For example, in France (near Paris), Bing Maps has corrupted elevation data, and this error is occurs when trying to request elevation data in this location.
It is possible that in some other locations, Bing Maps also have corrupted data.

If SRTM works fine, just use it.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.