151 (edited by GamePyro.com 2018-11-25 05:23:21)

Re: Some Problems

yes but nothing changed same terreins etc RWT generated so why no coordinates error ? when i changed nothing onyl opened project. also when generated all terrains etc new nott regenertae same problem still.

and found the problem i send screenshto with edges now at genrration it say adjust edges could it be that ?

Has it something todo with new Unity 2018 and VS Pro because need install Jobs, Burst etc systems before it worked i try remove it that helps but i need both in same prtoject : OR RWT has problems with .NET 4.0 ?

Removed all the Problem is RWT not work right with .NET 4-.0  but its needed for new VS Pro at Unity 2018

So you can add .NET 4.0 support and later VS / Vegetation Studip Pro support

Regards

I do not know what you are doing and at what step you get errors.
Please give me step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the problem so that I can test it.

and found the problem i send screenshto with edges now at genrration it say adjust edges could it be that ?

Unfortunately, I did not understand your question.
Please rephrase that.

RWT tested up to Unity 2018.3 b10.
I just checked RWT for .NET 4.0, and it works correctly.
And there should be no problems because .NET has backward compatibility.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

I do not know what you are doing and at what step you get errors.
Please give me step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the problem so that I can test it.

Unfortunately, I did not understand your question.
Please rephrase that.

RWT tested up to Unity 2018.3 b10.
I just checked RWT for .NET 4.0, and it works correctly.
And there should be no problems because .NET has backward compatibility.

But when i change back net 3.5   the download problem is  gone  it has something todo that when change to .net 4.0 it has coordinates etc problems have no point . or , gor comma / dezimals.

etc  is there any settings that need changed to work in net 4.0 ?

tested in 10 project in exiszing , new and also reimport etc always this download problem.

but only when .net 4.0

also vs pro + jobs + burst + collectins + mathematics + post processing

I think I found a problem.
I don't know why it worked correctly for the first time.
Most likely this is some kind of bug in Unity Editor when switching the framework version.

The problem is that .NET v4.x uses CurrentCulture instead of InvariantCulture to convert numbers to strings and back.

The problem has been fixed.
I need a little more time to make sure that I fixed it in all the places where it is needed.
Most likely the new version will be available in 24 hours.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

155 (edited by GamePyro.com 2019-02-14 11:54:36)

Alex Vertax wrote:

I think I found a problem.
I don't know why it worked correctly for the first time.
Most likely this is some kind of bug in Unity Editor when switching the framework version.

The problem is that .NET v4.x uses CurrentCulture instead of InvariantCulture to convert numbers to strings and back.

The problem has been fixed.
I need a little more time to make sure that I fixed it in all the places where it is needed.
Most likely the new version will be available in 24 hours.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Hello thanks

You have fixed it ?

and you added vegetation studio and VS pro ?

and RAM for rivers and lakes ?

and WOrld creator and fixes.

and the other things we talked ?

regards

Hello.

Yes, dotNet v4.x support has been added.

Yes, added integration with VS and VS Pro.

Yes, the ability to generate rivers has been added.
This does not require integration with R.A.M.
You simply specify R.A.M. material.

Do you mean the ability to flatten heightmaps?!
No, because this feature is in built-in Unity Terrain Editor (Set Height).

Full list of changes:
http://infinity-code.com/products_updat … asset=Real World Terrain&from=3.9

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

157 (edited by GamePyro.com 2019-02-14 19:54:44)

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hello.

Yes, dotNet v4.x support has been added.

Yes, added integration with VS and VS Pro.

Yes, the ability to generate rivers has been added.
This does not require integration with R.A.M.
You simply specify R.A.M. material.

Do you mean the ability to flatten heightmaps?!
No, because this feature is in built-in Unity Terrain Editor (Set Height).

Full list of changes:
http://infinity-code.com/products_updat … asset=Real World Terrain&from=3.9

thanks i tried but not work with VS only with VS Pro ?

so river now generate with what and can use RAM but ghought for the spline etc that it can be generate and change like with RAM the deep etc in terrain to  make river look real not only flat .

you know what RAM spline can / features etc !?

Also when use generate river and material it not generates RIVER sad

VS and rivers:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0in5u8yvffrtk … 3.mp4?dl=0

Splines are not suitable for generating real world rivers.
I have no idea how to do this:
https://www.google.com/maps/@46.7637363,7.1850924,17z
or this:
https://www.google.com/maps/@46.6963464,7.100701,15.5z
using splines, based on data from OSM Overpass API.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ove … uage_Guide

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

159 (edited by GamePyro.com 2019-02-16 11:27:47)

Alex Vertax wrote:

VS and rivers:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0in5u8yvffrtk … 3.mp4?dl=0

Splines are not suitable for generating real world rivers.
I have no idea how to do this:
https://www.google.com/maps/@46.7637363,7.1850924,17z
or this:
https://www.google.com/maps/@46.6963464,7.100701,15.5z
using splines, based on data from OSM Overpass API.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ove … uage_Guide

with the coordineates i sended you with 1 terrain  of that coordinates-

Yes i tried at VS when i do like you i done many times no trees or grass visible when start VS dont know why and the Rivers folder is empty when i create them thats why no river visible .  sad

This you show RAM also can but it need get the infos from OSM   to make the right splines with RAM.

Regards

?

Your post does not contain questions or anything specific to find a problem.
I do not know how to answer to this, and how to test this explanation of the problem.
Because there can be many reasons for the problem, for example:
OSM did not return data, you did not correctly configure VS, internal bug or limit of VS, internal bug or limit of Unity Editor. And of course the problem may be on the side of RWT.
Currently, it is a try to find a black cat in a dark room.

To start testing something, I need to have some kind of starting point.
I sent you a video with my settings, and I expect to receive a video or a screenshot of your settings.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

162 (edited by digitalrock 2020-06-07 15:12:12)

Alex Vertax wrote:

For example, you want to generate a small area around your home or office.
Many new users specify the maximum size of the textures, in the hope of having the maximum texture quality.
Often the provider does not have tiles on such zoom levels.
RWT can reduce the size of the texture if there are no tiles to generate it.
This will increase the speed of generation, and reduce memory usage.
For a large area, this setting does not matter.

Hi Alex, I want to do what this post says, generate a small area of terrain to match  my home; approximately .21 km x .21 km.  I've tried and tried to get some quality detail for the height/elevation map.  I've been watching 3 of your vimeo videos on how to do this, however while the result yields everything I need, the details just aren't there for a zoomed in area I guess.  Here are my steps:

1.  Use helper to place selector around my desired location/coord (my home in this case).
2.  Copy to clipboard
3.  In RWT window insert coord from helper
4.  Select 1 x 1 terrain, real world size, Auto detect  with height map resolution of 2049.
5.  Select ArcGIS for elevation  provider
6. Texture provider Bing 2048 x 2048 (Even tried 4096 x 4096 but doesn't change how exact the elevation looks)

Is there any better setting for generating the absolute best height map detail for such a small, zoomed in area?  My home is on the side of a mountain next to a river.  The specifics of the terrain detail is what I really want to see match my landscape.  i also own online maps, so like the offline generation video I could export the map for that asset if it will help me zoom in.  I haven't bothered trying this because I want to get familiar with RWT first; plus I don't think it will help in my case.

Think of it like this:  I generate my small terrain, and place a vehicle prefab on the terrain generated with RWT.   in-game I drive vehicle game object around my house/landscape.  Wiill the terrain look like real life driving around my house? 

Thanks for your awesome help to the community Alex.  I didn't see a specific tutorial from you regarding this (small area for home/office)  so I hope I don't duplicate your work.

Hello.

The elevation sources have a maximum resolution of 10 meters per value for USA and 30 meters for the rest of the world, which for your area gives 21x21 (7x7 for non USA) real values.
Quite possibly, you need to reduce the heightmap resolution to 33 to make it look better.
In any case, RWT cannot give you more detail than there is in the source data.

Texture providers do not affect elevations.

P.S. What is the point of publishing your question in the thread of other user if this does not related directly to it?!
Please use your own threads.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hello.

The elevation sources have a maximum resolution of 10 meters per value for USA and 30 meters for the rest of the world, which for your area gives 21x21 (7x7 for non USA) real values.
Quite possibly, you need to reduce the heightmap resolution to 33 to make it look better.
In any case, RWT cannot give you more detail than there is in the source data.

Texture providers do not affect elevations.

P.S. What is the point of publishing your question in the thread of other user if this does not related directly to it?!
Please use your own threads.

Sorry about that Alex, will do better next time.

165 (edited by GamePyro.com 2020-08-14 18:38:10)

Hello

YOu now Have added

the RAM River ?

BEcause at Real WOrld Terrain no River not generated atm     at the Terrain i sended you 

River always empty sad       it not generates river !    you said you will add RAM River TOol !?

Also better support for EasyRoads3D ?

Also how can flatten terrain in new Real World Terrain plugin under House / Building Prefabs ?

Regards

Hello.

Yes, I now have R.A.M.
RWT does not need to integrate with R.A.M., because you simply specify R.A.M. material in the appropriate field.
If you have problems generating rivers, please make sure the rivers in your area are mapped in the Open Street Map editor.

Unfortunately, I don't know what "better support for EasyRoads3D" should mean.

RWT does not have the ability to flatten terrains under buildings.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hello

How can set River in RWT OSM?

You also added like often asked that i also dowbloads normal OSM XML file like i coded in RWT

for ER3D.

Yes better ER3D support
Because the roads genrated no connections andno crossings etc nothing

River much better if like ER3D you also use spline etc with RAM River  you can let genrate editable rivers lakes etc.

You can also use ER3D also for Rivers!  And RAM add both great

And any solution for Traffic and Pedestrians?

Also years ago you said you add Flatten Terrain under buildings and you also said you add errosion and better texturing inRWT?

Regards

RWT / Generate River - ON, Material is your RAM material.

You also added like often asked that i also dowbloads normal OSM XML file like i coded in RWT

Please send a link to my post about this. I couldn't find it.

Because the roads genrated no connections andno crossings etc nothing

RWT can generate connections and crossings for ER3D.

River much better if like ER3D you also use spline etc with RAM River you can let genrate editable rivers lakes etc.

This is impossible because the river has a much more complex shape than the road.

And any solution for Traffic and Pedestrians?

Unfortunately, I do not know. Take a look at the Asset Store.
Most likely there are solutions for this.

Also years ago you said you add Flatten Terrain under buildings and you also said you add errosion and better texturing inRWT?

In this post I wrote that no flatten terrain has been added.
https://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtop … 4556#p4556
And this feature will not be added.
Please accept my apologies if you have been waiting for this feature.
I will try to think better before I write that something will be added.

By the way, erosion has been added.

And I didn't understand what you mean by "better texturing".

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hello

Pagesbefore we talked about XML and in messages we wrote. But most aredeleted inbox empty sad

Its easylet also download normal XML of OSM but needalways again code in afterupdate of RWT

As said RWT not Generates River sad. At the terrain coordinates i sended you

Also RWT not generates the Connections and Crossings etc with ER3D :k. Have newest RWT version

Chwck RAM Tool that can generate rivers etc in every Variation smile easily

Also no erosion.working how need set that it work?

Why no flatten terrain under building houses or prefabs?  Because then the dly over terrain or between etc   you can add easly if i add in everyupdsate need code in again at RWT.

CityGen3D also can 1 checkbox user can    select if they want like also at Er3D flatten terrain under Road work

How otherwise can fix terrain problems under prefabs building and houses if have over 10k buildings etc and not flat terrain?

Rgeards

Also isthere a wayuse RWT and CityGen3D together at same terrain?

About rivers, crossings and erosion:
Sometimes one screenshot is worth a thousand words.
See attached screenshots.

About rivers in your area:
Only one section of the river is marked in your large area.
This can be seen in the third screenshot.

About R.A.M .:
I looked at this asset in more detail, and I think it will be suitable for automatically generating editable rivers.
I will test the possibility of deep integration with R.A.M.
But please do not take this post as a promise to add R.A.M. integration, because there could be any unexpected problems, or I just won't be satisfied with the result.

About flatten terrain:
This feature will create a lot of problems and will only work correctly in a very small range of settings.
If you want you can do it after generation using Unity API.
In this case, you don't even need to use RWT API.

About CityGen3D and other similar assets:
Each asset is unique and has its own development vector, strengths and weaknesses.
And it is normal that an asset has its own unique features.

I don't know if it's possible to use RWT and CityGen3D together, because I don't have CityGen3D.
You have both assets, and you can easily check it.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon img1.png 843.26 kb, 80 downloads since 2020-08-17 

Attachment icon img2.png 791.67 kb, 68 downloads since 2020-08-17 

Attachment icon img3.png 657.2 kb, 69 downloads since 2020-08-17 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

172 (edited by GamePyro.com 2020-08-26 19:39:34)

Hello

How can genertate all other rivers in OSM they are all in but RWT not generates sad

Pagesbefore we talked about XML and in messages we wrote. But most aredeleted inbox empty sad

Its easylet also download normal XML of OSM but needalways again code in afterupdate of RWT

I not have it in anymore because of so much updating RWT so have lost the lines      ER3D only need normal XML from openstreemap website.   

i had download code but not find it anymore.  sad

also at me it not make connections everywhere with ER3D from RWT only at some sad

Also how can use Vegetation Studio Pro   with RWT ?

In the current version of RWT, there is no such way. RWT only uses the waterway = riverbank tag.
I will check if I can add the use of other OSM tags when I'll work on R.A.M.

I don't know how to comment on your ER3D post.
In my previous post, I have attached screenshots.
This is the best I can do on my side.

How to use RWT + VS PRO:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sqpzuaixmeuc … 5.mp4?dl=0

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

174 (edited by GamePyro.com 2020-08-27 20:10:38)

Alex Vertax wrote:

In the current version of RWT, there is no such way. RWT only uses the waterway = riverbank tag.
I will check if I can add the use of other OSM tags when I'll work on R.A.M.

I don't know how to comment on your ER3D post.
In my previous post, I have attached screenshots.
This is the best I can do on my side.

How to use RWT + VS PRO:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sqpzuaixmeuc … 5.mp4?dl=0

Ok great thanks

for R.A.M  will bee great.   

hello  have problem that RWT and VS PRO the Tree etc mask not like the yshould like at Sattelite Image the RWT Tree etc Mask very small not much .

also need add to every Mask manualy the Vegetation Type sad 

also if grass has same vegetation type as Trees then also trees at grass mask    you not cover all things in your Manual of RWT for such things like that.  or video or so

how can fix ?

Can you at that RWT downloads normal XML like i done from OpenStreetMap for ER3D with the Terrains coordinates for every terrains in a FOlder     i done it but dont have code anymore because of updating aways rtemoved it sad

also a way for traffic etc ?

Wit iTS inteligent traffic system or UTS Urban Traffic System?

Regards

Area markings in OSM may differ from satellite image.
There are many reasons why this can happen.
You can open the OSM website and check what is marked up in your area.

Unfortunately I didn't understand why you would need to add vegetation type manually for each mask.
The video, the link to which I sent you in my previous post, was made at the end of May 2020.
The latest version of VS PRO was released on March 2nd, so there shouldn't be any changes here.

Why would you use the same vegetation type for grass and trees?
Just use different types.

No, RWT cannot download XML from OSM.
But you can take the XML that RWT downloads for internal needs in the PROJECT FOLDER / RWT_Cache / OSM folder.

No, RWT does not support iTS or UTS.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.