Topic: Can't get trees to generate

<Coords tlx="9.528986350586024" tly="50.64436119144116" brx="9.865442649414149" bry="50.461127233295024"/>

When I add a single tree type and check the box to generate trees progress gets stuck at 95% when generating the trees.

I don't know how to debug to determine the issue.

Your help would be appreciated.

Re: Can't get trees to generate

Hello.

At the end of the list there are several huge forests.
So it takes a long time to calculate.

You can reduce the density or wait more.

On my PC it takes:
Density - 10%: a few seconds.
Density - 50%: about 40 minutes.
Density - 100%: I do not even want to try.

I looked at the code, and I think that we can optimize this a little (5-40%).
But it will still take a long time.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks for the info. That was my guess, but I wasn't sure without any kind of output/feedback from the asset. Thanks for confirming my suspicion. I will change the density to 50% and go with that. I just used the defaults. 50% will most likely be just fine for my needs.

After optimization with density - 50% it takes 24 minutes.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Do you mind if I jump on this thread? I'm having the exact same problem. Did Tinjaw manage to get those trees to generate? I'm having the same problem with the buildR buildings too; nothing comes up. I don't know how it knows where to plant the trees or buildings. Does it reference the colour, look for straight lines (for buildings) or does it need specific data from OpenStreetMap?

Hello.

RWT uses Open Street Map data to generate additional objects.
Send me the coordinates of your area, and I'll check what is marked on OSM and why nothing is generated.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

7 (edited by mercadier 2017-11-23 15:26:31)

Certainly;

--Top Left--

Latitude:

Longitude:

--Bottom Right--

Latitude:

Longitude:

Nothing is marked in your area.
The nearest marked building is Yealmpstone Farm Primary School, but it is not included in the selected area.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/50.38044/-4.03143

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.