Topic: Overlay not showing in built app

Hi Alex,

When I publish the example scene I have put together with dynamically generated icons and an overlay created in MapTiler (zoom levels 16 - 20) - the the overlay does not show at any zoom level. It works fine in the editor and I have tried moving the OverlayContainer closer to the camera but still no overlay in published app? hmm Any idea why this might be happening?

I am on a Mac by the way.

Thanks

Re: Overlay not showing in built app

By the way - I have also tried publishing to WebGL (I understand this is not officially supported) and the Overlay is missing here as well.

Hi Alex,

Ok so it seems that the shader you provided me for the markers is the problem - if I swap the marker shader for the original Transparent/Diffuse then the overlay is visible in the published app but the markers are hidden again obviously.

Hello.

It looks like publishing do not include this shader.
You can manually add shader «Edit / Project Settings / Graphics / Always Included Shaders».

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks for the reply Alex, unfortunately this does not solve it for me - It is the map overlay that is invisible in the build not the markers. As I mentioned above if I use the default marker shader then the overlay is visible in the built app (but markers are hidden as before) and if I use the new marker shader (added to  «Edit / Project Settings / Graphics / Always Included Shaders» ) then the overlay is not showing.

I am going to experiment with uGUI markers to see if that solves the problem.

6 (edited by nigel.moore 2015-11-04 22:54:27)

Hi Alex,

Would it be possible for you to provide a working example of using uGUI markers? I have been trying but all my markers get created at the same position off screen even though I am passing in unique lat/long position  for each one, in fact this position vector is shown in inspector of each UI markers uGUIMarker script.
- I am using scripts based on your uGUI examples and another that creates the icons dynamically from data in a ScriptableObject and they are being parented to a UI Canvas ... I am not sure that I have the uGUI marker prefab set up correctly either, does it need to have a ui Text component?

Or have you any other ideas why the new marker shader would cause the overlay not to show in a compiled app but work fine in editor? Unfortunately I have never coded shaders otherwise I would try and sort the 2D markers issue myself.

I really hope that I can get this issue sorted as your asset pretty much does everything that I need and the api is a joy to work with, but if I can't show markers on a map overlay then it will not work for me ... hmm

I would really appreciate any thoughts you have on this

Many Thanks

Hello.

I sent you the email.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks Alex - I have replied to your email. All working as expected.

I would just like to say that the support you offer for this asset is excellent, thank you very much.