Topic: Show notes in multiline textbox

Typically, when I feel the need to write a UEE note on a GameObject, its because of some weird scenario that requires a fair bit of explanation. Often this explanation takes up a lot of space in the textbox at the top of the Inspector, making it difficult to see the whole message. To that end, it would be really helpful for the note textbox at the top of the Inspector to be multiline.

Re: Show notes in multiline textbox

Hi.

Thanks for the feature request.
I've put it on my to-do list and will try to implement it in future versions.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi Alex, I just updated to UEE 3.10.0.1 after seeing that you made updates to the notes textbox. While the new little scroll bar definitely helps, precisely dragging the tiny handle is kind of awkward. What I was really hoping for was a multiline textbox that we could drag to scale vertically as needed, like string fields with Unity's `MultilineAttribute`. Is this doable in a future version?

Please draw the expected result of your request in the inspector (in some component), to help me understand it more accurately.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

5 (edited by Rabadash8820 2023-04-17 02:48:43)

The TextMeshPro.Text field behavior is pretty good (see attached GIF). It's not draggable like I thought, it just displays more lines to make the scrollbar easier to manipulate. Idk if the field uses `MultilineAttribute` under the hood or not. This behavior would be great for UEE Notes though.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon tmpro-multiline-text.gif 22.81 kb, 35 downloads since 2023-04-17 

Unfortunately, I didn't understand the difference.
Here's a video of how scrolling notes works.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon UEE - Notes Scroll.gif 9.7 mb, 40 downloads since 2023-04-17 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.