Topic: Cannot find the terrain elevated

I have tried adding ArcGIS Tiled component also Mapbox component also, Bing Map Tiled, BingMapsElevationExample. But, nothing is showing map as elevated. I have also tried the Demo scenes where there is a toggle button for "Elevation" but nothing changes in the map if I keep that enabled.
Please let me know what steps do I need to follow for getting elevation on the map also for caching that elevated data.
Help me if I am missing something in the process.

Re: Cannot find the terrain elevated

Hello.

ArcGIS Elevation Service has been disabled by the provider.
This service was used in the demo scene.

Bing Maps and Mapbox Elevation Managers work correctly.
Just checked.
Please make sure that you have entered the keys to the relevant services.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response!

I am attaching the images of my component settings on the map.
I have used BingMapsElevationsExample component on the map also added a key for Bing maps. Still the output is as shown in the attached image.
Please help me find if I am missing something in the steps that needs to be followed.

It seems I cannot attach more than one file in reply. So, attaching other images in other replies.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon BingeSettings.png 57.01 kb, 39 downloads since 2022-04-28 

To display elevations use OnlineMapsBingMapsElevationManager or OnlineMapsBingMapsTiledElevationManager.
Through the Add Component, they are named Bing Maps and Bing Maps Tiled.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi, here attaching all the settings and output of the map.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon MapNotElevated.png 1.3 mb, 43 downloads since 2022-04-28 

Hi,

Thanks for the quick help!

I could see the elevation through BingMaps but using BingMapsTiled it is showing the attached error.
Also, please could help with the steps for caching the elevation data.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon BingeMapTiledIssue.PNG 17.74 kb, 45 downloads since 2022-04-28 

1. Remove BingMapsElevationsExample.
2. Add OnlineMapsBingMapsElevationManager (via Add Component called Bing Maps).
3. Enter your key for Bing Maps in Key Manager.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for all the help!

Now, I am able to get maps as elevated using BingMapTiled component also I am able to cache the elevated data.
But, still I have few queries mentioned below:

1. Caching has two modes "File cache" & "Memory cache". Where does this memory cache stores the data? I have disabled both the modes in cache component and then in source of onlineMaps component using "Streaming assets & online" then clicking on the button "Cache tiles to Streaming Assets". This stores the pngs in Streaming Assets folder and some data in custom cache folder (the folder which I have created earlier when using the file cache mode). What are these different kinds of data?

2. How does the elevation data is stored?

Memory Cache does not store data. This prevents unloading tiles that are already loaded.
File Cache stores tiles in the file system. But this is not useful with Streaming Assets.
Custom Cache stores other data that you or the elevation manager put into it.
The elevation data is stored in custom cache.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for helping!

"File Cache stores tiles in the file system. But this is not useful with Streaming Assets."
What do you mean by this statement?

If I use file cache mode then the caching is done in the custom folder. But, for caching we have to click on "Cache tiles to Streaming Assets" button which would store the cache data in streaming assets too.
This way both folders will have the cached data. Now, we want to load the data then we need to use source as "Streaming Assets" to get cached data in offline mode.
Please correct me I am wrong, or if there is some error in my understanding.

File Cache saves tiles downloaded from online sources in the cache.
When you use Streaming Assets, the map does not download anything, but only uses tiles from Streaming Assets.
Nothing will be downloaded, which means nothing will be placed in the file cache, which means that it is useless in this case.

Most likely you were misled by "Cache tiles to Streaming Assets".
Please read this as "Save tiles that have already been downloaded and exist in memory in Streaming Assets".

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.