Topic: Keep tiles loaded in Editor?

I have 2 things I'd like to accomplish:

1. I would like to set and cache map data so that I don't have to run Unity in order to load the data on the terrain--I need to design around the map data, add trees, buildings, etc.

2. I need to use about 50 terrains in order to accomplish my goal.

Basically I need to load in the map data so I can start to build out the surrounding models. This is for an animation in HDRP.

I'd love to use zoom level 20, but the location we are using doesn't have it, so I'm going to work with zoom level 19.

I would love your thoughts on how I should go about this.

Thanks in advance

Re: Keep tiles loaded in Editor?

Hello.

Unfortunately, I did not understand your description of the problem.
Please try to rephrase this.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

I need the map data to be loaded / cached / saved, so that I don't need to run the editor to see the data.  I need to design around the region that is being loaded, add trees, bushes, grass, etc., so having to hit Play isn't going to help me.  Like an offline map, but that executes in the editor.

Second, I need for multiple terrains to be loaded so that I can see the whole region around my coordinates.  Using your real world size tile example, think of that 1 tile that is loaded, and then how many more would be needed to extend the area out, say 2 km.

Does this help?

Online Maps is a runtime solution and cannot be run in edit mode.
Use Real World Terrain instead.
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/t … rrain-8752

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

OK thanks