1 (edited by zaddo 2021-04-01 09:25:51)

Topic: Noob Questions - EasyRoads Floating

Hi,

I just purchased Real World Terrains. I am struggling to get it to work with EasyRoads3D. I am on version 4.6.0.1

Question 1: The Meshes get generated on the terrain, but when I edit the road network, it is floating about 100 metres above the terrain??  How do I get the Blue markers to set down on the terrain?   Video Here: https://youtu.be/a3cWNmDdK4Y

I tried generating buildings as well and these are also floating.

Edit: I tried a different area, this time the road was generated below the terrain....  Is it possible that their is bug finding the ground level?

Question 2: Another question.  What do I need to change when generating the terrain to allow finer control of the road indents. These are currently set to the minimum I am getting of 7 metres. I expect this is related to the terrain resolution.

Question 3: On the settings. The Enable R.A.M 2019 does not work. I have enabled EasyRoads3D easily.  Nothing is output to the console.

Problem 1: I saw the warning about intersections. But these flat out don't seem to work, they are all set above the road network by about 20 metres. This results in vertical roads at each intersection point.

2 (edited by zaddo 2021-04-01 09:07:50)

Re: Noob Questions - EasyRoads Floating

I attempted to load another area. But the road network does not match the terrain. See attached image.

Is the Ezyroads integration reliable?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon 2021-04-01_16-01-54.png 217.13 kb, 62 downloads since 2021-04-01 

Hello.

Thank you very much for the bug reports and video.

This was a problem with Align Water Line - ON.
The problem has been fixed and the new version is already available through the built-in update system.
The new version will be available in the Asset Store tomorrow or Monday, depending on how quickly the Asset Store team can review it.

The problem with roads outside the terrain has also been fixed.
These was the roads from the previous starts.

Question 2: Unfortunately, I don't know. Try looking in EasyRoads documentation, or ask AndaSoft.
Question 3: I just checked this: disabled the integration with RAM 2019, removed it from the project, removed it from the Package Manager cache, downloaded and imported the latest version (1.4.7 from March 25th), and enabled the integration again. This works correctly on my side.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks Alex. That is working much better now smile