Topic: LOD

Hi,

I'm trying to create a very big terrain , naturally, the 8K textures version for it is becoming very heavy to process and performance becomes slugish.

What is the best way to create LOD structure with a 4K version for the same terrain?

thank you.

Re: LOD

Hello.

Regenerate your area with 4K textures.
They will be saved in the project as separate files.
Make a script that will set the 8K texture when the camera moves closer to the terrain, and return the 4K texture when the camera moves away.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hello.

Regenerate your area with 4K textures.
They will be saved in the project as separate files.
Make a script that will set the 8K texture when the camera moves closer to the terrain, and return the 4K texture when the camera moves away.

The script shall cycle all albedos and switch each one...
Maybe you can consider integrating it in your product?

This is a pretty specific task and I don't think most people who use RWT need it.
Also, it goes beyond the concept of RWT - an asset for creating objects based on real-world data.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

I see.
Maybe you have another idea of how to handle very big terrain with high res textures?
thanks.

Globally, there is nothing you can do with it.
You can only be split terrain into multiple small terrains, or enable mipmapping for the texture.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.