Topic: Generating a Tour at runtime

I am working on trying to generate a Tour dynamically at run time. The system I have built out works great if I generate the Tour items in editor, but there seems to be a referencing issue otherwise. Couple problems I am having, and have avoided a bit is making sure the uPano Tour Object, and at least one Tour Item is appended into it, otherwise there is several null references. I am generating the panos with this following code, and the cameraType/existingCamera do not get properly set in the scene graph, and default to "createNew".

void MyPanoGenerator(Tour tour){
    TourItem item = TourItem.Create(tour);
    Pano pano = item.gameObject.GetComponent<Pano>();
    pano.cameraType = Pano.CameraType.existing;
    pano.existingCamera = Camera.main;
    SphericalPanoRenderer spr = item.gameObject.GetComponent<SphericalPanoRenderer>();
    spr.radius = 100;
    //....etc
}

This does work fully IF this method is run in editor (before hitting the play button). Is there a method I need to use to update the pano with the new context, or another construction method I should use?

Thank you for you help

Re: Generating a Tour at runtime

Hello.

I just tested dynamic tour creation and it works correctly on my side.
Here's a video about it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2si52bkbp7xc … r.mp4?dl=0

If you have any exceptions on uPano side, please show the code that causes the exception.
I will check and fix all the problems on our side, or explain what is wrong on your side.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

uContext is Editor PowerPack (more than 40 tools) that take your workflow in Unity Editor to a next level, simplifies working with content, adds new features, corrects and improves the editor’s built-in behaviors. Click here to download uContext Basic for free.

Was the cameraType/existingCamera being properly maintained in the scene? With this method it returns back to createNew.

Now I see the problem.
Thanks for showing me this.

To fix this, modify Pano.cameraType property:

public CameraType cameraType
{
    get { return _cameraType; }
    set
    {
        if (_cameraType == value) return;

if (_camera != null)
        {
            if (_cameraType == CameraType.createNew) Destroy(_camera.gameObject);
            _camera = null;
        }

_cameraType = value;
    }
}

The next version of uPano will contain this fix.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

uContext is Editor PowerPack (more than 40 tools) that take your workflow in Unity Editor to a next level, simplifies working with content, adds new features, corrects and improves the editor’s built-in behaviors. Click here to download uContext Basic for free.