1 (edited by Yuri1976 2021-01-07 16:44:18)

Topic: [SOLVED] Map doesn't work with touchScreen

UPDATE

I did attach rawImagetoForwardTouch to Map component.
It needs to go on the RawImage component you use to render the map.

#############################################

Hello,

I have just got this component (so apologies if this has been answered before)

I have a problem with the map showing on a mobile phone.

I have selected ''Allow user control'' in tileset but the map only zoom in and out on mobile. I am not able to drag the map and move it around.

I have tried lean touch and to add DragandZoomInertia that seemed to be dealing with touch ionputs but doesn't work.

if this a bug, am I missing something or I am supposed to implement this myself?

in that case what ''Allow user control'' should do apart from zooming in and out?

Cheers
Yuri

Re: [SOLVED] Map doesn't work with touchScreen

Hello.

Usually this problem occurs when you have UI element with Raycast Target - ON above the map.
How to check it: Online Maps / Troubleshooting / Not Interact Under GUI - OFF.

But there may be other reasons for the problem.
If the problem persists so that I can tell exactly what is wrong, please show screenshots of all map components.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply.

The map is showing on the UI (on a rawimage using a Render texture) using the tileset method in your video. No problem there, the map renders and in editor you can move the map around and zoom in/out.

But I am not able to get the gesture right on mobile.

I have gone through your documentation and tried to use TouchScript as you mentioned that you need to apply a connector...but is the same problem. the map just doesn't move and become totally unresponsive.

I am attacking a screenshot but there is really nothing messy and, answering your question, there is no extra UI in front of it. I have tried several comfiguration, used a layer to mask, tried different combination with Touch Script, left it blank, ect ect. TouchScript actually works, it captures the gesture without problems, even my own methods was working fine.

I have also tried to apply the gesture on the RawImage and the gesture actually worked...but then it was just the RawImage moving around on the screen, not the map.

Again, I have no problem in editor but your map is not really straightforward or intuitive for simple gestures that should be really one of those things very easy to setup.

PunBB bbcode test

Any help?

Thank you
Yuri

Your post does not contain an image.
But from your description, I was able to figure out where the problem is and fix it.
Send me an email (support@infinity-code.com) and I will send you a modified script.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi, i have the same problem. I did everything what you say in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNnPJSj … ityCodeCom however i cant drag and zoom on the map on mobile. It works perfect in the unity editor though. I have also tried touchscript connector(I dont know if it is necessary to use it) and no luck. Do i need also this modified script which you mentioned above?

The modification that I sent to the user is already present in the asset.

Pretty common error when using TouchForwarder, is a GameObject where this script is located.
It must be place on the Raw Image, and not on the map.
Maybe this is your case too.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thank you! Yes, that was the reason it didnt work..