Topic: Best way to fly over a terrain ?

Hello I am looking for a script (or an asset) that would allow to fly over a RW terrain in a way similar to the orbit camera in online maps, I mean :

- drag with left click ;
- rotate /orbit  with right click ;
- and manage altitude with mouse wheel (instead of zoom in out, as the terrain is static).

I tried several assets, but none of them is really convenient. Any idea is welcome, event paid assets of course !

Best regards.

Re: Best way to fly over a terrain ?

Hello.

Unfortunately, I have not seen any assets that implement this behavior.
But to be honest, I never looked for this because it is quite easy for me to implement this behavior.
And I think you can implement this yourself without any problems, even if you are using Playmaker.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hello.

Unfortunately, I have not seen any assets that implement this behavior.
But to be honest, I never looked for this because it is quite easy for me to implement this behavior.
And I think you can implement this yourself without any problems, even if you are using Playmaker.

Hmmmmm… I would not be so sure… And a C# script would certainly be much more efficient, as its code will be cleaner. As you know, my C# knowledge is around zero.

I didn’t need this navigation tool thus far as I was using RWT only in VR apps and the locomotion was managed by the attached script using the touchpad.

On the other side, I am pretty sure that this feature could interest many people as a separated asset or included in your RWT package, in the 2 demo scenes which are - to my mind - not representatives of the power of RWT. Demo scenes in OLMaps are much more convincing.

Especially as this kind of asset does not seem to exist...

Best regards.

In 2-3 days I will send you such a script.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

In 2-3 days I will send you such a script.

Wow...
You are a awesome developer, Alex !!!
Thanks a lot.

Something like that (attached).

Post's attachments

Attachment icon RWTCameraOrbit.cs 4.06 kb, 152 downloads since 2020-11-04 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Something like that (attached).

YESSSSSSSSSSS !!! Works perfectly !

Lot of thanks !!!

Philippe