Topic: Map tiles are not getting loaded anymore

Hello,

we are using this plugin for some time and everything was working.
Since yesterday we don't see google maps tiles anymore.

We are using google maps and custom urls.
our custom urls are still working good but whenever we switch to google.satellite or normal google terrain, it can't load tiles.
We are using tiles without labels.

When adding GoogleMapsLog component, I can see, that the URLs are responding with 404.

These URLs work:

urlWithLabels = "h t t p s://mt{rnd0-3}.googleapis.com/vt/lyrs=y&hl={lng}&x={x}&y={y}&z={zoom}",

(needed to add spaces because I wasn't allowed to post links here.

These URLs do not work anymore:

urlWithoutLabels = "https://khm{rnd0-3}.googleapis.com/kh?v={version}&hl={lng}&x={x}&y={y}&z={zoom}",

Is there any known issue? Did some version change? We didn't change anything.

Also we never added an API Key anywhere (But in order to track all map request we would really like to. Now I found the OnlineMapsKeyManager and added our API key. This did not help though and I can't see requests in the google backend.

Any suggestions?
Thank you so much!

Robert

Re: Map tiles are not getting loaded anymore

Hey,

I think we solved the issue!
We changed the Version number of the google maps tiles in line #290 of OnlineMapsProvider.cs from 845 to 865. The version number we found in some logs with a working map type.

It would be nice to have this documented somewhere that you have to increase a hardcoded version number from time to time.
I think we will need to make this number dynamically adjustable via database so that we don't have to release hotfixes.

But what about the google maps api key? It seems our Key is not used but what if we want to do that?
Can't we get in trouble when we don't use a google api or aren't there contingent limits or something?

Hello.

Most likely you are using very old version of the asset.
The version of tiles has a field + there is a button for detect the latest version of tiles.

The key is used for Google Web Services API, not for tiles.
In addition, the documentation says that the correct and legal way to use Google Maps is Tiles API.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

We are using 3.6.3.1. Is this very old?
I can't find the field/button for the tiles version.
I saw there is a 3.6.4.1 but didn't update yet because the changelog wasn't showing things we need right now.

Thanks for clarifying google api key usage :-)

Screenshot attached.
This feature has been added in Online Maps v3.6.0.2.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon img1.png 24.71 kb, 63 downloads since 2020-02-28 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks Alex, my fault.
I have my map set to custom maps and did not see it. when setting to google maps it shows the version but changing the version in the field seems to get resetted as soon as I play the scene. setting it in code worked though.