Topic: Trouble with Marker 3d and Elevation

Hello,

I use 3d marker to instatiate different gameobject on my tileset (with Latitude, longitude and elevation).
The range of my 3d Marker is (17 -20)
I also used the option "use elevation" on my tileset map.

The problem I got is :
When I zoom in fast (froom a zoom 13 to 18) the 3d marker are under the tilseset or in the tilset (half under hald up).
I have to zoom out and zoom in again but slowly to have my 3d marker well positioned.
It seems to be a problem with the tilsest elevation calculation. When I zoom in fast the calculation aren't done properly and my 3d marker aren't well positionned.

Do you already experienced this issue?

Thank you

Re: Trouble with Marker 3d and Elevation

Hello.

Very strange.
I checked it frame by frame.
Everything works well, the markers are positioned correctly.
What version of Online Maps you're using?

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hello,
I'm using hte latest version 2.4.0.31.
Let me know if you need some screenshots

Please make a video that shows the problem.
I think the screenshots in this case will not be enough.
You can post a link to the video here, or send to support (support@infinity-code.com).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

I'll try to explin to you with screenshots. If it's not clear I'll try to make a video.
Image 1 :
I start with a zoom level 13 and 1 click to the green marker to zoom to the level 18 (Image 2)

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Image1.jpg 322.77 kb, 110 downloads since 2016-04-21 

Image 2 :
After clicking to the green marker the zoom level is 18.
As you can see the 3D marker (the pickup) is under the tileset map.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Image2.jpg 258.18 kb, 106 downloads since 2016-04-21 

Image 3:
I need to zoom out to a zoom level 13

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Image3.jpg 322.77 kb, 118 downloads since 2016-04-21 

Image 4:
And zoom in again from level 13 to level 18 but slowly (using the mouse scrool wheel).

If I zoom in slowly it works great.
But if I zoom in fast (using both the mouse scrool wheel or by clicking on the marker) I got the issue.

Thank you

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Image4.jpg 308.71 kb, 103 downloads since 2016-04-21 

Unfortunately, I can not reproduce your problem.

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tybvfovohuvxo … 1.mp4?dl=0

You can send us a scene for testing?

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hi,
I'm sorry for the delay.
I investigate a little more the issue and I a found out that the url sent to the Bing api isn't always good.

Here is an example of a wrong URL sent :
http://dev.virtualearth.net/REST/v1/Ele … 2&key=

this url get the following result :
"authenticationResultCode":"ValidCredentials","brandLogoUri":"http:\/\/dev.virtualearth.net\/Branding\/logo_powered_by.png","copyright":"Copyright © 2016 Microsoft and its suppliers. All rights reserved. This API cannot be accessed and the content and any results may not be used, reproduced or transmitted in any manner without express written permission from Microsoft Corporation.","errorDetails":["1202022330133","1202022330311"],"resourceSets":[],"statusCode":500,"statusDescription":"DEM server did not return tile.","traceId":"13f707a41f00427cb4c6ecc2ec58e885|BN20190633|02.00.175.2000|t1.tiles.virtualearth.net, t3.tiles.virtualearth.net"}

The issue appears in almost all zoom level that's why my 3d marker is not well positionned (in fact the marker is well positionned but the tilset is not).

When I zoom out and zoom in again some URL are good and the elevation is set (that's why the marker 3d looks well positionned after a zoom out zoom in).

Do you have any idea of how I could resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance

Hello.

I checked it, and I also get this response.
Error 500 - Internal Server Error. Your request could not be completed because there was a problem with the service.
We can not fix or work around it.
I did some testing and found that the problem sometimes occurs only in some parts of France.
Most likely elevation data in this area are damaged or missing.

Unfortunately, Bing Elevation API does not have a good alternative service, where we can get the data.
Google Elevation API, Open Elevation Service (MapQuest), and other services that are not suitable for such use.

What can you do right now:
If your application is focused on France, you can download SRTM data of this area, intercept request to download elevation data using Online Maps API, and load it from SRTM.
Example:
http://infinity-code.com/atlas/online-m … ample.html

What we can do:
Since February 2016 is available SRTM 1 arcsecond Global.
We can try to add native support for SRTM.
Development takes time, and you do not get it right now.
But at the moment this is the only good alternative to Bing Elevation API.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

I really appreciate your support. It’s the first time I bought an asset with such a good support. So thanks again.
I’m glad to hear that it’s not a bug and only due to Bing map api.
Thank you for your suggestions I’ll try to do It with SRTM.
Regards