Topic: Building UWP for Hololens

Will it be upgrade to compatibility with uwp since some library doesn't support for building universal window apps?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon uwp.png 170.13 kb, 138 downloads since 2016-04-08 

Re: Building UWP for Hololens

Hello.

Online Maps does not support UWP.
It is related to incompatible System.XML.
We have already fixed the compilation errors (Online Maps v 2.4.0.23 beta or higher), but the problem with XML is still relevant.
You can update Online Maps and build your project for UWP.
When I try to do this, it builds fine, but shows only a blank white window.
I think the problem is on my side, but in any case I can not say that it works until I can see and test it.
In addition, all features that use XML will not work.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi Alex,
  Thanks for response.
  I think it can be solved by system.xml.serialization.xmlserializer and i will try it later smile.
  and where can i find the update asset?

Uhh, it requires strong type for serializing the xml.

Component / Infinity Code / Online Maps / Check Updates

or

Online Maps Inspector / Help / Check Updates.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hey guys,
I wanted to check in on this feature and see if there was any updates or if you guys were able to get it working with UWP and the HoloLens. My team was pretty excited about purchasing your application however we saw this post and it gave us some pause. Our purchase kind of hinges on our ability to use Online Maps with the HoloLens so if there's any updates since this thread or planned for the future please let us know!

Hello.

Online Maps now supports publishing for UWP (thanks to one of our customers).
Version in Unity Asset Store has been updated, so you'll have it out of the box.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

8 (edited by vikas.nadvi 2017-03-03 13:02:21)

I am still facing many issues in using Online Maps for hololens application. Anyone who has able to do it flawlessly.
I am not able to zoom in and out.