1 (edited by felipeberquo 2016-03-08 18:45:59)

Topic: UI elements not blocking markers collider hit

Hi.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or it's me that is doing something wrong here:
I have a search bar on the top of my app screen. If some marker is instantiated and the map is positioned in such way that the search bar (input field) is upon the marker, the maker's event is triggered. The search bar is inside a canvas.

How can I block the raycasts to hit the markers? I don't want them to pass through the UI elements if I mark this elements as "Raycast Target".
Also, I've checked the "Not interact under GUI" option.

I'm using Unity 5.3.3 and Online Maps 2.4.0.24.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Captura de Tela 2016-03-08 às 3.43.27 PM.png 188.39 kb, 127 downloads since 2016-03-08 

Re: UI elements not blocking markers collider hit

Hello.

We found and fixed the problem.
We want to finish another important feature, so the new version will be available within 1-2 days.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Ok, thank you guys!

Hi Alex, it's me again. I have updated (now) Online Maps to the latest package using the beta channel but I'm still having the same issue. I took some screenshots to show to you (attachments)

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Captura de Tela 2016-03-15 às 12.56.45 PM.png 120.62 kb, 122 downloads since 2016-03-15 

One more..

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Captura de Tela 2016-03-15 às 12.57.02 PM.png 56.47 kb, 126 downloads since 2016-03-15 

Hello.

I just checked it again. Everything works well, events is not invoked.
Please send some scene so that we can see the problem.
Perhaps you have any additional information that will help us reproduce the problem.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Unfortunately, sending the whole scene would be difficult because it requires a lot of third party plugins' configuration and I cannot send you the whole project...
Let me show to you some new screenshots I took now and see if they help you to solve my problem. I guess they might help you to figure out how the scene is working. Please take a look at the attachment file.
The strange behaviour for me it's that the map (and its markers) are in the "world" layer, they are not even under a Canvas object or something like that, and they are acting like they were upon my UI elements (the raycast hits them even if some UI element of my canvas is in front of it).

Post's attachments

Attachment icon screenshots.zip 701.51 kb, 168 downloads since 2016-03-15 

Hey Alex, I'm uploading some more screenshots. It might help... I'm using 3D markers.
Contents:
"map" - the map visualization. The marker with the heart in it is the marker that needs to be at the top of the others markers. Sometimes (most of the times, actually) when I click on this marker, other markers' events are triggered instead of this one.
"target_marker_collider" - a lateral view of the target marker and its collider.
"markers_colliders" - both the target and not-target's colliders. As you can see, the target's collider is a way bigger than the not-target's collider and should have it's event triggered before the not-target's event.
"target_marker_inspector_0" / "target_marker_inspector_1" - the target's marker inspector configurations.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon screenshots2.zip 366 kb, 164 downloads since 2016-03-16 

Hello.

I think I know what the problem is.

You have a lot of planes (markers) at the same marker3D.transform.position.y (map.png).
In this case, triggered event of marker, which will be first in Physics.RaycastAll.

Solution:
Wrap the marker into a new GameObject.
You should have:
Container GameObject
-- Marker GameObject

Change «localPosition.y» for each marker, depending on the latitude and longitude.
Example attached.

This should help your problem.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon SortMarkersExample.cs 1.98 kb, 172 downloads since 2016-03-16 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.