Topic: Map tiles not being displayed over a world space background canvas

First let me say that I love the online map control and have happily used it for awhile now.

However recently I have wanted to put a static photographed image behind certain camera viewpoints in my app. I have attached an image where you can see the background canvas in a screen, but in the camera image the map tileset cannot be seen. Actually a small bit of it can be seen no the bottom of the rendered yellow links and blue nodes where they would have been z-buffered away by the tile. The lower half of the game image should actually all be map tileset, not background image.

This may not actually be a bug, but it is not what I need or expected. I imagine it has something to do with what layer the tiles are being rendered into, or what shader is being used, but I don't have a deep enough grasp of those Unity topics yet to figure out how to fix this.

thanks in advance for your attention

Post's attachments

Attachment icon OnlineMapsBug1.png 539.46 kb, 102 downloads since 2019-02-12 

Re: Map tiles not being displayed over a world space background canvas

Hello.

Depending on the effect you want to achieve, there may be several ways:
1. Tileset Control / Materials & Shaders / Tileset Shader - Tileset Cutout Shader (or Legacy / Diffuse).
Or create a new material and set it to Tile Material).

2. In some cases, you need to make two cameras, the first of which will render everything except the map, the second will render only the map.
Points of Interest: Layers, Camera / Clear Flags + Culling Mask.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

I"ll try those out, but can you give me a bit of insight as to why this is happening? It makes no sense to me at the moment, I would expect the tilesets and background frame panel to be rendered through the same pipeline as everything else, but that is not happening to the tilesets in this case. It is a weird combo.

This is due to the Shader.renderQueue.
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SL-SubShaderTags.html
The shader by default is configured so that the map is drawn under any other element.
This is not a bug, but a planned behavior, because if you want to show something on the map, you want to see it.
Your case is quite specific (UI under the map), but you can still do it easily.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Perfect. Thanks smile