Re: Some Problems

Point of view is important here.
When you look at a building or mountain from a distance, it seems like a toy.
Get closer, and lift your head up, and it will seem big and majestic.

RWT uses real-world data, and your mountain is exactly the same height as the real world.
Of course, if you have not played with scale.

And are there good ways because i have 150 terrains atm and 6400x6300  and 3300 height one terrain but has problems with easyroads3d terrain deformation and when want make more for example 500 smaller terrains unity has problems sad  and texturing wit worlcreator takrmes 150x4 click plus wait time took me 3 days to texture all and when need change all also bad

Unfortunately, I did not understand what you wrote.
Please rephrase that.

RWT does not have the features to make erosion.
I think this will be a useful, and I will try to implement it as a postproccessing tool in the next version.

You can create square terrains.
http://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopi … 4139#p4139

Please send me your building prefab as a package.
I will check why this is happening.

Thank you for the video.
Unfortunately, RWT cannot orient buildings to the side of the road.
And good luck to the creator of CityGen3D in the development and publication of its asset.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!

127 (edited by GamePyro.com 2018-11-05 02:28:51)

Re: Some Problems

Alex Vertax wrote:

Point of view is important here.
When you look at a building or mountain from a distance, it seems like a toy.
Get closer, and lift your head up, and it will seem big and majestic.

RWT uses real-world data, and your mountain is exactly the same height as the real world.
Of course, if you have not played with scale.

And are there good ways because i have 150 terrains atm and 6400x6300  and 3300 height one terrain but has problems with easyroads3d terrain deformation and when want make more for example 500 smaller terrains unity has problems sad  and texturing wit worlcreator takrmes 150x4 click plus wait time took me 3 days to texture all and when need change all also bad

Unfortunately, I did not understand what you wrote.
Please rephrase that.

RWT does not have the features to make erosion.
I think this will be a useful, and I will try to implement it as a postproccessing tool in the next version.

You can create square terrains.
http://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopi … 4139#p4139

Please send me your building prefab as a package.
I will check why this is happening.

Thank you for the video.
Unfortunately, RWT cannot orient buildings to the side of the road.
And good luck to the creator of CityGen3D in the development and publication of its asset.





Ok thanks would be great errosion etc because as you can see here when use the RWT terrains with WorldCreator tilling not work the Worldcreator Devs also wrote me at discord.

They said tilling only work when use 1 terrain to make it bigger by tilling.

but with RWT can create 1 big to tile it with as much details as 150 6400x6300x3350 terrains have to use it in Worldcreator.


https://i.gyazo.com/695c303b2ed8d6ee619170788dafdce1.jpg



or you know a way how i can use WorldCreator with RWT.

Or have api or why you cant integrate it at RWT or have you a way for me tested much.


Yes will send you some prefabs with that problem at PM but need send you the SimpleHomeBuilder asset then that you can test.


I will repharse and make a better screenshot examples question.





And that RWT Donwload normal XML from OSM to work with Easyroads3D as asked additional to the RWT OSM XML file   

And that the Heightmaps of the terrains saved as PNG or so  ? or also as whole all in One file to work with Worldcreator wiht the Heightmaps texture or Texture to use as Input in Worldcreator ?





Regards

Re: Some Problems

Try to use Real World Terrain Container / Utils / Update Neighbors.

If this does not help, you can export RAW heightmaps, open it in a graphics editor (like Photoshop), fix the seams manually, and import it back into Unity.

I do not know where EasyRoads3D downloads such OSM files.
RWT caches the response from OSM Overpass API.

No, heightmaps is not stored as PNG.
You can export heightmaps as RAW and try to use it as input for WorldCreator.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!

Re: Some Problems

Alex Vertax wrote:

Try to use Real World Terrain Container / Utils / Update Neighbors.

If this does not help, you can export RAW heightmaps, open it in a graphics editor (like Photoshop), fix the seams manually, and import it back into Unity.

I do not know where EasyRoads3D downloads such OSM files.
RWT caches the response from OSM Overpass API.

No, heightmaps is not stored as PNG.
You can export heightmaps as RAW and try to use it as input for WorldCreator.






No worldcreator cant use RAW .  and not work when i try for all terrains at once / in 1 RAW file.


that why i ask for errosion etc dircet at RWT generation.

no easyroads3d not downloads OSM xml but RWT and easyroads3d only work with the manually downloaded OSM files thats why i ask that you add that also as long long asked in many answers i wrote that RWT downloads both so not need to it for 1000 terrains extra when RWT downloads it already.





Regards

130 (edited by GamePyro.com 2018-11-07 04:21:34)

Re: Some Problems

Also read the above. Thanks


And the heightmaps export must be have something wrong when export as 16bit i can only import as 8 bit because otherwise it say its bigger than the file

But how i can fix the tilling from WorldCreator problems at this heigtmaps ?

https://i.gyazo.com/320cf86f1ae6928dc99235d21cebf46f.png
https://i.gyazo.com/f9854763bfe92b33b367b2bb9b995aba.png


And at this 2 it work but this / at screenshot the tilling with whole at the edge not visible at heightmaps sad

Exported with Unity at Terrain not with RWT Export .

So need wait that RWT Can handle errosion etc like WorldCrreator ?

https://i.gyazo.com/b3b59d48fbcb37feddb017b3d4482989.png


regards

Re: Some Problems

I wrote about erosion in post 126.

I wrote about EasyRoads3D OSM in post 107.
No developer will spend time developing and supporting features for an asset of another developer that is useless for its own assets.
I think this is logical.
So you have three ways:
1. Ask the creator of ER3D to implement OSM downloader for the area.
2. Ask the creator of ER3D to change the way of validating XML files to make it works with files from OSM Overpass API.
3. Use some tool for mass text replacement to make the files valid for ER3D.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mass+text+replacer


When you export heightmap, RWT asks you about the depth and byte order.
https://thumb.ibb.co/e0MU5A/bcf6aaa58dac94d0f6e9601fb0ab178a.png
When you open a RAW file in a graphic editor, you set:
- Width / Height specified in the hint under Export button;
- Channel Count - 1;
- Depth and byte order, specified when exporting.
https://thumb.ibb.co/go9XQA/9e2a3c7e70228b14053ccb4302018ca0.png

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!

132 (edited by GamePyro.com 2018-11-08 10:02:43)

Re: Some Problems

Alex Vertax wrote:

I wrote about erosion in post 126.

I wrote about EasyRoads3D OSM in post 107.
No developer will spend time developing and supporting features for an asset of another developer that is useless for its own assets.
I think this is logical.
So you have three ways:
1. Ask the creator of ER3D to implement OSM downloader for the area.
2. Ask the creator of ER3D to change the way of validating XML files to make it works with files from OSM Overpass API.
3. Use some tool for mass text replacement to make the files valid for ER3D.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mass+text+replacer


When you export heightmap, RWT asks you about the depth and byte order.
https://thumb.ibb.co/e0MU5A/bcf6aaa58dac94d0f6e9601fb0ab178a.png
When you open a RAW file in a graphic editor, you set:
- Width / Height specified in the hint under Export button;
- Channel Count - 1;
- Depth and byte order, specified when exporting.
https://thumb.ibb.co/go9XQA/9e2a3c7e70228b14053ccb4302018ca0.png


Yes i used as said 16 bit at export but only can import as 8bit



But as you see also the Edge / Tilling Problem when use WorldCreator Erosion like at the Screenshot that comes from WorldCreator no visible at the Heightmaps sad



Yes ER3D can work the data in normal OSM XML File looks much different then from RWT OSM File !

So not only change header hmm or simply replace things .

How ER3D can get the RWT Terrain data that it uses from Real World the coordinates  ?
When i ask dev.



Also how at the Prefabs the Add Tag work ?

Key : Value ?

Where can see what buidlings at what terrain will be generaterd to select what prefab is for what house / cabin / company bvuilding / intustrial etc ?

https://i.gyazo.com/b6ce8e58ec34367a8a740c494c2f6737.png


also why much roads RWT with ER3D generates are much longer than the terrain is ?
when then generate for the next terrain they are not connected and overlap.




Regards

Re: Some Problems

I made a short video about export / import heightmaps.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbilcdetx6zjs … 3.mp4?dl=0

RealWorldTerrainMonoBase.topLatitude, leftLongitude, bottomLatitude, rightLongitude.
http://infinity-code.com/doxygen/real-w … c14597d6fa

All entities (ways, ralations) on OSM have tags that describe the entity.
https://thumb.ibb.co/d3c1nq/img1.png
By specifying tags you can determine which prefab will be used.
How it works:
- If a key and value is specified, RWT will use the prefab only if the building has such a key and value.
- If only a key is specified, RWT will use the prefab only if the building has such a key, with any value.
- If only a value is specified, RWT will use the prefab only if the building has that value in any key.
- If no tags are specified, the prefab will be used if no other suitable prefabs are found.

also why much roads RWT with ER3D generates are much longer than the terrain is ?
when then generate for the next terrain they are not connected and overlap.

Unfortunately, I did not understand your question.
Please rephrase that.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!

Re: Some Problems

Alex Vertax wrote:

I made a short video about export / import heightmaps.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbilcdetx6zjs … 3.mp4?dl=0

RealWorldTerrainMonoBase.topLatitude, leftLongitude, bottomLatitude, rightLongitude.
http://infinity-code.com/doxygen/real-w … c14597d6fa

All entities (ways, ralations) on OSM have tags that describe the entity.
https://thumb.ibb.co/d3c1nq/img1.png
By specifying tags you can determine which prefab will be used.
How it works:
- If a key and value is specified, RWT will use the prefab only if the building has such a key and value.
- If only a key is specified, RWT will use the prefab only if the building has such a key, with any value.
- If only a value is specified, RWT will use the prefab only if the building has that value in any key.
- If no tags are specified, the prefab will be used if no other suitable prefabs are found.

also why much roads RWT with ER3D generates are much longer than the terrain is ?
when then generate for the next terrain they are not connected and overlap.

Unfortunately, I did not understand your question.
Please rephrase that.


Here for:

also why much roads RWT with ER3D generates are much longer than the terrain is ?
when then generate for the next terrain they are not connected and overlap.

Unfortunately, I did not understand your question.
Please rephrase that.


I mean this here:

https://i.gyazo.com/76976a76fd3d3e37eb68a40224a9671b.jpg






And thqanks for the video but not helps the seams / tilling that comes when use Worldcreator at RWT Terrain make them 6417x6417 like quare but this tilling wholes are not fixeable with Heightmap     or im to stupid sad   you have tried with RWT and WorldCreator this problem fix ?


And for XML meant its not hard because you only needed to at  1 or 2 lines fro downloading the right XML also for R3D for example its useable also for RWT andwhole generation process but i have added it to RWT because gereat source code but if update comes its bad sad



When you think you add errosion etc to RWT ?


Regards

Re: Some Problems

OSM returns the full road if at least one point in the required area.
When you generate roads with RWT, RWT cuts the points outside the selected area, but leaves the points if they go to another terrain.
This is useful because you can easily remove duplicate roads.
I think ER3D generates the roads as is are for the same reason.

I have an idea how to help you with seams.
I will make a script that will normalize the heights on the borders of the terrain.
Give me 1-2 days and I will send you a script.

If you just need to download xml, why do you need to modify the RWT?
This can be done without modifying the source code.
Send me your URL and I'll show you how to do it.

I plan to add erosion in RWT v4 (before the new year).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!

Re: Some Problems

Alex Vertax wrote:

OSM returns the full road if at least one point in the required area.
When you generate roads with RWT, RWT cuts the points outside the selected area, but leaves the points if they go to another terrain.
This is useful because you can easily remove duplicate roads.
I think ER3D generates the roads as is are for the same reason.

I have an idea how to help you with seams.
I will make a script that will normalize the heights on the borders of the terrain.
Give me 1-2 days and I will send you a script.

If you just need to download xml, why do you need to modify the RWT?
This can be done without modifying the source code.
Send me your URL and I'll show you how to do it.




I plan to add erosion in RWT v4 (before the new year).


Ok thank you much for the script:


BEcause download it for 1000 small terrains by hand its much work that why it should be downloaded while generating Roads with RWT then can also generate them with ER3D because there can then select the road types.

RWT only to flatten / deform terrain for roads.


Ok great im happy to see then RWT v4 .

Re: Some Problems

The script is attached.
Place it in the Editor folder, and open "Window / Infinity Code / Real World Terrain / Tools / Seams Fixer".

Post's attachments

Attachment icon FixHeightSeams.cs 2.99 kb, 23 downloads since 2018-11-11 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!

138 (edited by GamePyro.com 2018-11-12 04:13:54)

Re: Some Problems

Alex Vertax wrote:

The script is attached.
Place it in the Editor folder, and open "Window / Infinity Code / Real World Terrain / Tools / Seams Fixer".



Ok thank you much for the script: But i cant say if it work right because when i click it it loads and because it to it at whole RWT COntainer not only at selected terrainsNity memory after some minutes is over 100GB RAM because of my terrains and after RAM is full Unity Quits .  SO need the Seams Fix only at slected terrains or so ?

Or as option that full / whole RWT Container or only selected . 



BEcause download it for 1000 small terrains by hand its much work that why it should be downloaded while generating Roads with RWT then can also generate them with ER3D because there can then select the road types. ?

RWT only to flatten / deform terrain for roads.  ?



Also when  you think flatten terrain under houses / Prefabs in RWT ?


Ok great im happy to see then RWT v4 .

Re: Some Problems

Another version of the script (for two terrains) is attached.

BEcause download it for 1000 small terrains by hand its much work that why it should be downloaded while generating Roads with RWT then can also generate them with ER3D because there can then select the road types. ?

RWT only to flatten / deform terrain for roads.  ?

Unfortunately, I did not understand these questions.

The flatten tool will be in RWT v4.
For RWT v3, no new features will be added.
Only bug fixes if required.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon FixHeightSeams2.cs 3.62 kb, 20 downloads since 2018-11-12 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!

140 (edited by GamePyro.com 2018-11-13 00:38:58)

Re: Some Problems

Alex Vertax wrote:

Another version of the script (for two terrains) is attached.

BEcause download it for 1000 small terrains by hand its much work that why it should be downloaded while generating Roads with RWT then can also generate them with ER3D because there can then select the road types. ?

RWT only to flatten / deform terrain for roads.  ?

Unfortunately, I did not understand these questions.

The flatten tool will be in RWT v4.
For RWT v3, no new features will be added.
Only bug fixes if required.


Ok great

Thanks


The XML Download from OSM by Hand / Manually is much work for 1000x Terrains to use at ER3D the XML import if the RWT Download it or download both XML from OSM that why we added it and asked if you will add it also at RWT.

Because you need add coordinates etc by hand self at OSM and then download.




Also want ask what brings the Setting at max level auto it appears #Reduce size of texures, with no levels of tiles ?#  ?

Is it good to use it or better for quality not use it ?


Regards

Re: Some Problems

I can't add this to RWT.
But I can make such a downloader using RWT API.
In post 135 I already asked the URL.

In most cases it is better to use Max Level - Auto.
Manual level selection allows you to work around the patchwork effect.
Usually you need to select a level 1-2 points less than what RWT wants to use.

For example, you want to generate a small area around your home or office.
Many new users specify the maximum size of the textures, in the hope of having the maximum texture quality.
Often the provider does not have tiles on such zoom levels.
RWT can reduce the size of the texture if there are no tiles to generate it.
This will increase the speed of generation, and reduce memory usage.
For a large area, this setting does not matter.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!

Re: Some Problems

Alex Vertax wrote:

I can't add this to RWT.
But I can make such a downloader using RWT API.
In post 135 I already asked the URL.

In most cases it is better to use Max Level - Auto.
Manual level selection allows you to work around the patchwork effect.
Usually you need to select a level 1-2 points less than what RWT wants to use.

For example, you want to generate a small area around your home or office.
Many new users specify the maximum size of the textures, in the hope of having the maximum texture quality.
Often the provider does not have tiles on such zoom levels.
RWT can reduce the size of the texture if there are no tiles to generate it.
This will increase the speed of generation, and reduce memory usage.
For a large area, this setting does not matter.


Yes if you can make such downloader it would be great

What URL you need ?  Its standard OSM Online View OSM File XML Download  with the coordinates from the selected terrain.



Also want ask if you can at to RWT that multip selecting terrains can be regenerated the TExture or Heightmap etch ?


BEcause only 1 by 1 or all work when use the RWT Container.


But the selected will be great ebauce at our terrains some ahsabd Texture / Satellite Image quality different to other so need other provide and at 1000x terrains much 350 or soneed from other Satelitte image provider and that 1 by 1 takes so much time.


If you can add multiselect feature would be great.  / multi selected regenarttion Texture , Heigmapts , roads ec.




Thanks

Re: Some Problems

How do you download these OSM files?
I expect detailed instructions from you (a description of what you are doing and how).

The ability to regenerate something for several selected terrains is quite difficult to implement in RWT.
But it’s very easy to make using RWT API.
Example for texture regeneration is attached.
Place the script in Editor folder, and open "Window / Infinity Code / Real World Terrain / Tools / Regenerate Textures".

Post's attachments

Attachment icon RegenerateTexturesWindow.cs 3.31 kb, 20 downloads since 2018-11-17 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!

Re: Some Problems

Alex Vertax wrote:

How do you download these OSM files?
I expect detailed instructions from you (a description of what you are doing and how).

The ability to regenerate something for several selected terrains is quite difficult to implement in RWT.
But it’s very easy to make using RWT API.
Example for texture regeneration is attached.
Place the script in Editor folder, and open "Window / Infinity Code / Real World Terrain / Tools / Regenerate Textures".

Yes will send you


Also at the Terrain Texture Regeneration Script how can set from which provider the Satelitte image should be get ?

Because atm only regenerates also have he Problem when use dfault RWT to regenarte at 1 by 1 terrain it hangs always at 85% without an error sad


amd can this work also for Roads and Houses etc with Multiple Terrains ?

Re: Some Problems

This is just an example. You can add any settings you need.

Yes, you can automate any generation this way.
Example for buildings:
http://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopi … 4251#p4251

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!

146 (edited by GamePyro.com 2018-11-21 04:14:20)

Re: Some Problems

Alex Vertax wrote:

This is just an example. You can add any settings you need.

Yes, you can automate any generation this way.
Example for buildings:
http://forum.infinity-code.com/viewtopi … 4251#p4251


atm only regenerates also have he Problem when use dfault RWT to regenarte at 1 by 1 terrain it hangs always at 85% without an error sad  sometimes at 93% or 95%  sad


but no errors in console sad and no warning s:(



and know you a way that i can drag and drop the terrains all i need at ne at  RegenerateTexturesWindow.cs ?


Because atm need 1 by 1 drag and drop very much when need to at 1000 terrains. sad



Regards

Re: Some Problems

Please also the above 


And why now at new RWT this:
https://i.gyazo.com/974ad2d36eee7cc27be4112633193c31.jpg


same terrain/s as before but now this when go near sad

Re: Some Problems

I have never seen such a problem before.
It is very difficult to say why this is happening.
Here you need to debug it on your project.

I added an area where you can drop terrains.
The updated script is attached.

To understand why this happened, I need to reproduce the problem.
If you give me a step-by-step instruction on what and how you did before the problem is appears, I will try to reproduce it.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon RegenerateTexturesWindow.cs 4.46 kb, 18 downloads since 2018-11-22 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!

149 (edited by GamePyro.com 2018-11-24 04:39:02)

Re: Some Problems

Alex Vertax wrote:

I have never seen such a problem before.
It is very difficult to say why this is happening.
Here you need to debug it on your project.

I added an area where you can drop terrains.
The updated script is attached.

To understand why this happened, I need to reproduce the problem.
If you give me a step-by-step instruction on what and how you did before the problem is appears, I will try to reproduce it.


Thanks will try


Now i get at Road ER3D generation with RWT this error:

Download error: http://overpass-api.de/api/interpreter? … )%3bout%3b
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00058] in <ac210d81537245bc838518cc8e845861>:0
  at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse (System.Net.WebRequest request, System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in <ac210d81537245bc838518cc8e845861>:0
  at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback (System.IAsyncResult result) [0x00015] in <ac210d81537245bc838518cc8e845861>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Net.RealWorldTerrainDownloadItemWebClient:OnDownloadDataComplete(Object, DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs) (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Net/RealWorldTerrainDownloadItemWebClient.cs:44)
UnityEngine.UnitySynchronizationContext:ExecuteTasks()

and when instantiate prefabs this debug log sad

and no prefabs are instantiated:

Longitude must be between -180 and 180.
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Windows.RealWorldTerrainWindow:CheckFields(Vector2&, Vector2&) (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Windows/RealWorldTerrainWindow.cs:104)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Windows.RealWorldTerrainWindow:PrepareStart() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Windows/RealWorldTerrainWindow.cs:293)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Windows.RealWorldTerrainWindow:StartCapture() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Windows/RealWorldTerrainWindow.cs:421)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.RealWorldTerrainGUIUtils:OnIdleGUI() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Utils/RealWorldTerrainGUIUtils.cs:428)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.RealWorldTerrainGUIUtils:OnGUI() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Utils/RealWorldTerrainGUIUtils.cs:163)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.Windows.RealWorldTerrainWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Windows/RealWorldTerrainWindow.cs:249)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)


But i change nothing same terrains etc always worked


what could be the problem ?


Regards

Re: Some Problems

The second error tells you that you have some problems with the coordinates (longitude) of the area.
So first check the coordinates of the area.

The first error is most likely related to the second problem.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Do not know the best way to thank the developer? Rate the asset in Asset Store!