Topic: Hololens and OnlineMaps

I am using the IL2CPP compiler and I have created a clean project just with the map, it loads in the unity editor but not on the hololens, any advise on what to do?

Re: Hololens and OnlineMaps

Hello.

Please describe the problem in more detail.
Does the project have compilation errors?
Is the project running on the HoloLens device and / or in the emulator?
Did you give the project all the necessary permissions?
The more detailed you describe the problem, the greater the chance that I'll able to help you.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

So my problem was that there were no errors ever given but the map was grey in the UWP app, but it seems like I fixed the problem by allowing all premissions in the Unity Player settings tab and then working back from that to the original selection of premissions.

4 (edited by Merichbier 2018-10-11 14:29:06)

Hi,

I'm currently facing the same problem. I tried to allow all capabilities in Unity or Visual studio for the app, but it didn't fixed it. @labcasia Can you explain more in details what step you did to solve this issue ?

Extra info:
- No compilation error
- using Unity 2018.2.11f

Some Update:
- I downgraded to version 2017.4.12f1 (unity version recommended by the Windows Mixed Reality Toolkit) and now it's working.
Still displaying a map has Nothing related to the toolkit so I'm wondering if the bug is on Unity side or yours ?

... and now it's working.
Still displaying a map has Nothing...

Hello.

In my understanding, this means that it does not work.

Try to write a simple script that will download something from the Internet to make sure that the Internet for Hololens (or the emulator) is working correctly.
https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/WWW.html
https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReferenc … quest.html

Most likely you simply do not have Internet access for Hololens or an emulator.
In my case, I spent a few hours dancing around drivers and network settings so that the emulator finally got access to the Internet.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

I ran into the same problem. It seems that the hololens sometimes has trouble with https connections

I had the same problem. I solved it like someone described above. When you click on file -> build settings , when you choose UWP build, before u click on build/build and run button, in bottom left corner you have option, player settings... when u click on that, unity editor will open in inspector player settings. Select Publishing settings tab and enable all capabilities (or only those you need), then build.
Cheers

I'm posting here again because Nothing could solve the issues in Unity 2018.2.14. I've deployed my app to an HoloLens but the map tiles still doesn't load. I'm sure I have access to internet because I'm downloading content and display this content in my app. I tried to check all the capabilities but this fixed Nothing. (I know that checking capabilities in unity doesn't update them in VS project and I looked them there and all were checked…)
I'm running out of idea of how to fix this bug.. Any advices ?