Topic: Online Maps Tileset Control does not always work in free aspect mode

Hello,

I have experienced odd behavior while panning the map around while using "Free Aspect" mode (resizeable player window). It seems if you tilt the map down (not looking at it from above), the control area changes. If i click and drag around the bottom edges of the texture, the map does not pan. Furthermore, I have had a few complaints from clients with 4K monitors. The interactable control area of their map is a very small rectangle located close to the center of the texture. Is the Tileset Control's area responsive? Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Online Maps Tileset Control does not always work in free aspect mode

Hello.

Please make a video from Unity Editor which demonstrates the problem and shows the settings for Online Maps.
I'll try to reproduce the problem and give advice on how to fix it.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks for the quick reply, I made a quick gif that shows where map control exists. As you can tell, if I have the map selected, I can control it above the top of the map and cannot control it at the bottom of the map. I've attached a zip file containing three images from the inspector and a gif showing the issue. Thanks again. The files can be found at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4h7jtn6j2d8ih … e.zip?dl=0

What version of Online Maps do you use?

I checked the change log and found this entry in Online Maps v2.5.34:
[Tileset] Fixed generation of a collider when displaying a whole world.

Perhaps this is your case.

If you are using an older version, try to update.
If you are using a newer version, let me know, I will look for a problem.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex, I updated to the specified version and it did not fix me issue. The more I tilt the map, the more "off" the collider behavior becomes.

E.g. If I tilt the map down a small amount, the collision area is only offset by a small amount. If I tilt the map as far as possible, most of the collision area has shifted off of the map texture.

Also, it seems to be dependent on the aspect ratio of the screen. If I am in 1920x1080 the offset is not as dramatic, but if the screen is in a different aspect ratio it become more and more noticeable. I am not sure if this information is helpful. Please let me know if I can provide more information.

I used your settings, but could not reproduce the problem.

Do you change the size of the map in any way?
If yes, how and what values you use?

I see you are using Allow Camera Control - OFF.
How do you rotate a map or camera?

When the map loses the collider, do you see it (collider) in the scene view?

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex,

I was able to figure out my issue. Thank you for taking the time to try and reproduce the issue. In fact, it was caused by something I implemented. I was using a render texture to display a full screen projection of the map within our UI. There was an issue with the ray casting through the render texture to the map texture. I ended up removing the render texture to see if the issue still exists, and it did not. Thanks again.

-Josh-