Re: Some Problems

Screenshots of grass and roads on the mountains are attached.

I checked the export / import prefs, and it works correctly.
If you export prefs for single terrain, and then import it, you'll get settings for single terrain.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon img1.png 612.25 kb, 140 downloads since 2018-08-12 

Attachment icon img2.png 359.69 kb, 153 downloads since 2018-08-12 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

27 (edited by GamePyro.com 2018-08-14 03:14:03)

Alex Vertax wrote:

Screenshots of grass and roads on the mountains are attached.

I checked the export / import prefs, and it works correctly.
If you export prefs for single terrain, and then import it, you'll get settings for single terrain.

Thanks i will take a look

wow much rgass at me not work.

yes but when i export setting / pref for terrain 3x3 and wan tload that settings and use for 3x2 it always iupdates the terrain 3x3 so need set all manauly for 3x2 and save to work again but to it for every sigle terrain cannot load prefs from other terrain for an other.

Also problems at Unity 2017.1.1f1  need  it for some assets now.

Always getting other Console errors when fix others sad  at Real World Terrain

###

Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Generators/RealWorldTerrainBuildR2Generator.cs(136,86): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type `Surface' to `BuildR2.Surface'

Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Utils/RealWorldTerrainGUIUtils.cs(954,62): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.ObjectField(UnityEngine.GUIContent, UnityEngine.Object, System.Type, params UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[])' has some invalid arguments

Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Utils/RealWorldTerrainGUIUtils.cs(954,114): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert `Surface' expression to type `UnityEngine.Object'

###

Regards

yes but when i export setting / pref for terrain 3x3 and wan tload that settings and use for 3x2 it always iupdates the terrain 3x3 so need set all manauly for 3x2 and save to work again but to it for every sigle terrain cannot load prefs from other terrain for an other.

This is not a planned behavior, because it is not for regeneration.
The ability to export / import store ALL settings including the coordinates of the area.

Planned behavior:
You export prefs for backup, or send it to another user, or send it to us so we can check the problem for your settings.

In the next version, we hide this menu on regeneration.

In this case, the problem is most likely not in RWT or BuildR2.

Most likely you have the Surface class in the global namespace.
It's a very bad practice to do such classes without using namespaces.

How to fix it:
If this is your script, use some namespace or rename the script.
If this is a script from some other asset, please contact the developer to fix the problem.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Alex Vertax wrote:

This is not a planned behavior, because it is not for regeneration.
The ability to export / import store ALL settings including the coordinates of the area.

Planned behavior:
You export prefs for backup, or send it to another user, or send it to us so we can check the problem for your settings.

In the next version, we hide this menu on regeneration.

In this case, the problem is most likely not in RWT or BuildR2.

Most likely you have the Surface class in the global namespace.
It's a very bad practice to do such classes without using namespaces.

How to fix it:
If this is your script, use some namespace or rename the script.
If this is a script from some other asset, please contact the developer to fix the problem.

Why you hide regenration in next version   thats a good feature !?  How then can regenarate only a terrain and not whole i next version.

And why not RWT or BuildR2 error like in the message i checked in 2018 same project no errors only in 2017 unity !!

And no other scripts use  Surface class .

Regards

Why you hide regenration in next version   thats a good feature !?  How then can regenarate only a terrain and not whole i next version.

There is a misunderstanding here.
I mean hide the ability to import prefs on regeneration.

And why not RWT or BuildR2 error like in the message i checked in 2018 same project no errors only in 2017 unity !!

Screenshot attached.
I'm 99% sure that you have a class named Surface in the global namespace in the project.
I have faced this problem many times with the support of other customers.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon img1.png 191.25 kb, 150 downloads since 2018-08-15 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

There is a misunderstanding here.
I mean hide the ability to import prefs on regeneration.

Screenshot attached.
I'm 99% sure that you have a class named Surface in the global namespace in the project.
I have faced this problem many times with the support of other customers.

the import prefs at regenerations is also good sad  not remove it make in settigns activate / enable disable  end fpor default disabled if you want.

Also i reimported whoile project and assets  it w orked 3 days and now without changes:

Assets/BuildR2/Examples/Scripts/GenerateExampleWithInterior.cs(71,36): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `Room.Room(string, RoomOptions)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/BuildR2/Examples/Scripts/GenerateExampleWithInterior.cs(71,53): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `System.Collections.Generic.List<UnityEngine.Vector2>' expression to type `string'

Assets/BuildR2/Examples/Scripts/GenerateExampleWithInterior.cs(72,29): error CS1061: Type `Room' does not contain a definition for `style' and no extension method `style' of type `Room' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/BuildR2/Examples/Scripts/GenerateExampleWithInterior.cs(73,24): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `BuildR2.FloorplanRuntime.AddRoom(BuildR2.Room)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/BuildR2/Examples/Scripts/GenerateExampleWithInterior.cs(73,32): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `Room' expression to type `BuildR2.Room'

When remove real world terrain this error are gone sad

Also you know a good way to fix the crazy roads at moantains ?    they are not flat the have a 45 - 80 % angle   like a /     sad

at easyroads also terrain change etc not brings it like it should be as at vedieos etc of you and at easyroads sad

Regards

the import prefs at regenerations is also good sad  not remove it make in settigns activate / enable disable  end fpor default disabled if you want.

OK

Also i reimported whoile project and assets  it w orked 3 days and now without changes:

I do not believe in magic, and every error must have a reasonable explanation.
In my experience, I've seen similar errors when there are classes with the same name in some namespace and in the global namespace.
In this case, the compiler will use the class in the global namespace.
In your case, you have two Room classes.

If you think that I'm wrong, send me your project in support (support@infinity-code.com).
I'll find an error and show you.

Also you know a good way to fix the crazy roads at moantains ?    they are not flat the have a 45 - 80 % angle   like a /     sad

No, I do not know the way to fix it.
Please ask this question to the developer of EasyRoads3D.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

OK

I do not believe in magic, and every error must have a reasonable explanation.
In my experience, I've seen similar errors when there are classes with the same name in some namespace and in the global namespace.
In this case, the compiler will use the class in the global namespace.
In your case, you have two Room classes.

If you think that I'm wrong, send me your project in support (support@infinity-code.com).
I'll find an error and show you.

No, I do not know the way to fix it.
Please ask this question to the developer of EasyRoads3D.

yes but i searched all scripts for room and tryed change etc but makes more errors mot found duplicate class in other script / or namespace.

also have you thought of integrate CTS and Vegetation Studio ?

ok i ask at ER3D

regards

yes but i searched all scripts for room and tryed change etc but makes more errors mot found duplicate class in other script / or namespace.

When the next time you faces this problem, please send me a project.
I will check it.

I have bought CTS long time ago for integration purposes.
But CTS does not work correctly with this type of texturing (one big texture for each terrain).
So right now integration is not possible.

We have plans to integrate with Vegetation Studio.
In future versions (not very soon) we will try to implement it.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

35 (edited by GamePyro.com 2018-08-22 22:51:32)

Alex Vertax wrote:

When the next time you faces this problem, please send me a project.
I will check it.

I have bought CTS long time ago for integration purposes.
But CTS does not work correctly with this type of texturing (one big texture for each terrain).
So right now integration is not possible.

We have plans to integrate with Vegetation Studio.
In future versions (not very soon) we will try to implement it.

when you think vegetation studio integrated how long it take  ?

and a way to use the trees and grass now at right position with vegetation studio atm with real world terrain?

i wrote the ER3D dev yoi can see my question above his answer ;
https://forum.unity.com/threads/easyroa … st-3605447

hope you can also help or can i modify zhe source of real world terrain easyroads3d api usage ?

but for fixing the errors the project is very very big to send do you !?  i removed the .cs file now fro. buildr2 and real world terrain to work.

Also after late he wrot e remove SnapToTerrain(true)   but you can make a Checkbox that we can / clientts others also not only i can disable SnapToTerrain and enable SnapToTerrain  for example will be good and other options at easyroads3d real world terrain settings before generate.

Also an option for rivers will be good with RAM  or Easyroads3D ?

Also why at Real World terrain roads import from OSM like this crazy:

https://i.gyazo.com/d5ffe5fc3eabeb5ad54 … e7822c.jpg

And from EasyRoads3D OSM file direct import like this: like reall / OSM:

https://i.gyazo.com/3dc8956976690760ac1 … 9ede78.jpg

Can you fix that ? same at road architect 

there is a problem at roads OSM or also othes OSM like Trees grass and Houses  at Real World Terrain ?

regards

I think 3-6 months.

and a way to use the trees and grass now at right position with vegetation studio atm with real world terrain?

Unfortunately, I do not know. I have not tested Vegetation Studio yet.

hope you can also help or can i modify zhe source of real world terrain easyroads3d api usage ?

I'll try to make connections using this.
But I do not guarantee a successful result.

Also after late he wrot e remove SnapToTerrain(true)   but you can make a Checkbox that we can / clientts others also not only i can disable SnapToTerrain and enable SnapToTerrain  for example will be good and other options at easyroads3d real world terrain settings before generate.

Added. The new version is already available through the built-in update system.

We have plans to try to add the support of R.A.M.
But ER is absolutely not suitable for automatic generation of rivers.
This is also a river:
http://feeds.croatia.hr/wp-content/uplo … -1.0.6.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wHlvTKoXOIk/maxresdefault.jpg
http://images.myshared.ru/18/1252983/slide_1.jpg
https://smtimes.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/1-5.jpg

The problem was on our side. Fixed.

there is a problem at roads OSM or also othes OSM like Trees grass and Houses  at Real World Terrain ?

No, this problem is only for roads.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

I think 3-6 months.

Unfortunately, I do not know. I have not tested Vegetation Studio yet.

I'll try to make connections using this.
But I do not guarantee a successful result.

Added. The new version is already available through the built-in update system.

We have plans to try to add the support of R.A.M.
But ER is absolutely not suitable for automatic generation of rivers.
This is also a river:
http://feeds.croatia.hr/wp-content/uplo … -1.0.6.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wHlvTKoXOIk/maxresdefault.jpg
http://images.myshared.ru/18/1252983/slide_1.jpg
https://smtimes.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/1-5.jpg

The problem was on our side. Fixed.

No, this problem is only for roads.

thanks ok

also want ask :

what the highest best setting from what provider to get best satelitte texture image ?
or are there also better ones if payed ?

or any way make vetter texture from the satelite images ?

because at near player TPS view very bad or have you good way to replace satelite images texture with better textures auromatic or so ?

and about the usage of the real world terrain and satelite images in commercial game.

you know something about copyrights at for example real weapon names ,  real village - street - city etc names.  and real world data ,satelite data ?

and about names for game have
theft auto in it eg  example France Theft Auto - FTA ?

not good we think because of grand theft auto make problem but theft auto is englisch word/s sad

what the highest best setting from what provider to get best satelitte texture image ?

RWT can generate a texture of up to 8192x8192 for each terrains.
This limitation of Unity.
Accordingly, the only way to increase the quality of textures is to increase the number of terrains.
Which provider to use is your choice.
Basically, I like to use Virtual Earth or Mapbox.

because at near player TPS view very bad or have you good way to replace satelite images texture with better textures auromatic or so ?

You can use "RWT / Postprocess / Generate SplatPrototypes From Texture".
But satellite images quite poorly suited for this tool.
It is much better to use textures created from Mapbox styled tiles.
Something like:
https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/vertax … A#0.92/0/0

you know something about copyrights at for example...

Unfortunately, I do not know.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

RWT can generate a texture of up to 8192x8192 for each terrains.
This limitation of Unity.
Accordingly, the only way to increase the quality of textures is to increase the number of terrains.
Which provider to use is your choice.
Basically, I like to use Virtual Earth or Mapbox.

You can use "RWT / Postprocess / Generate SplatPrototypes From Texture".
But satellite images quite poorly suited for this tool.
It is much better to use textures created from Mapbox styled tiles.
Something like:
https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/vertax … A#0.92/0/0

you know something about copyrights at for example...

Unfortunately, I do not know.

i use virtual earth has at that coordinates best looking images atm  is it performance impact if use more terrains ?  i used the automatic setting real workd terrain maker suggested at that coordinates.

how much terrains are good / terrain sizes tiles ?

so can satelite textures be used commercialy ?

and with splatprototypes and mapbox can i generate good looking / real looking textures ?

also a way for vegetation studio to set where grass should be spawn and where trees etc ?

and at buildr2 i asked him the dev and some questions are for you also:

###

Hello

I have some problems i use BuildR2 with Real World Terrain.

It works good only some problems

when i use a facade where at ground is door and 1st floor 2 windows facade is not 5x2 tiles that door is middle
but whe house is 6x2 tiles the dor is not middle at different setting the windows can be fixed but door never gets middle.

also is there a way to set 1 facade good matching all 4 house building sides because Real World Terrain can use only 1 facade .

for you also : Can you in real world terrain make to set what roof should be used flat or pitched and if it has dormer on off and so on and what gables it use set more settings to get more difference an the place based settings because in some villages other houses then in citys for example.

and the option to set 4 different facades if want or only 1 deoends on client you can set  because a house has not 4 doors at all 4 sides

we will code it self if needed but big improvement for you customers if you do it.

i can upload some screenshots but need a good fix because they get automatic generated with set roof and facade and are to much to fix all manualy.

also at roof the problem when set 2 gable one at front one at back eg gable 1 and gable 3 at roof the texture is not matching an looks bad  .  can send screen.

also is there a way use a structured roof texture for real look / better look ?

also interior not working when click generate interior it not works at regenerate building. nothing is shown also not when build interior self it is away when go out of building .

think its all atm.

Thank you for help.

Regards

####

thank you much for help

kind regards

i use virtual earth has at that coordinates best looking images atm  is it performance impact if use more terrains ?  i used the automatic setting real workd terrain maker suggested at that coordinates.

It depends very much on your needs.
The main purpose of "best settings" is to protect you from inefficient settings when you just start using RWT.
But this is not a panacea.
For any project, you can find settings better than RWT suggest to you.

If you'll have all the terrains in one scene, then most likely you need to use max 9-25  (3x3, 5x5) terrains.
If you split terrains into scenes (for example, using World Streamer) you can use more terrains. But again, not forgetting about rationality.

Yes, because these are not tiles anymore, it's derivative images.

and with splatprototypes and mapbox can i generate good looking / real looking textures ?

Yes.

also a way for vegetation studio to set where grass should be spawn and where trees etc ?

I have not used Vegetation Studio yet and I do not know this.

for you also :

I understand the problem, and we will think how to improve it.
But this is much more difficult than just making 4 facades.
Houses can have (and very often have) more than 4 sides.
For example, the house in which I live has 6 sides, 5 of which have doors.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

It depends very much on your needs.
The main purpose of "best settings" is to protect you from inefficient settings when you just start using RWT.
But this is not a panacea.
For any project, you can find settings better than RWT suggest to you.

If you'll have all the terrains in one scene, then most likely you need to use max 9-25  (3x3, 5x5) terrains.
If you split terrains into scenes (for example, using World Streamer) you can use more terrains. But again, not forgetting about rationality.

At Settings is set Count terrains X: 8 and Y : 9   are then much terrains over 40 terrains for the coordinates i use i sended you:
Use smaller make the texture worse  and look not as good because not uses real 8192x8192 then.

Can you show good or best settings for my coordinates or other ?? 

Yes, because these are not tiles anymore, it's derivative images.

From any source ?    so google , or bing or so can not make a law copyright fight against us ?

Yes.

At Mapbox need use Type Map or Classic ?
And have you good tutorial for MapBox at Splatprototypes ?
Or video where you done it ?

I have not used Vegetation Studio yet and I do not know this.

for you also :

I understand the problem, and we will think how to improve it.
But this is much more difficult than just making 4 facades.
Houses can have (and very often have) more than 4 sides.
For example, the house in which I live has 6 sides, 5 of which have doors.

Yes understand but is there any way to get good sucess  with BuildR 2 and Real World Terrain ?

Any suggestions ?  Or you done great things or other of yor clients ?

But some settings as said for roff gabled etc will be good.

Here we need to think and experiment a little to find the best way to improve it.
It will take some time.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Here we need to think and experiment a little to find the best way to improve it.
It will take some time.

thanks

you not readed my comments in bold at your qoute ?

At Settings is set Count terrains X: 8 and Y : 9   are then much terrains over 40 terrains for the coordinates i use i sended you:
Use smaller make the texture worse  and look not as good because not uses real 8192x8192 then.

From any source ?    so google , or bing or so can not make a law copyright fight against us ?

I missed it because you did not write anything there before.

Again, only you can know which settings are best for your project and coordinates.
If you have checked and are sure that you need 8x9 terrains, then use this number of terrains.
But in the final, after you finish working with RWT, this number of terrains is better to split into separate scenes (for example, using World Streamer). This will greatly reduce the memory usage of your application, and increase performance.

First of all, Google or Bing (Microsoft) is not the owners of tiles.
They are supplied by third-party vendors such as DigitalGlobe.
If you're worried about legality, just buy tiles or satellite imagery from DigitalGlobe.

Next, here is Microsoft Bing Maps Platform API Terms Of Use :
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/maps/product/terms
This does not prohibit the creation and distribution of derived images from tiles obtained using the official API.

Any

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7wu4m9o9t6t3 … 1.mp4?dl=0

A couple of moments:
Do not choose colors from SceneView or GameView, because it is affected by scene lighting and global lighting.
Open the image in any graphic editor or viewer.
In IrfanView, I look at the desired color in the window title.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

I missed it because you did not write anything there before.

Again, only you can know which settings are best for your project and coordinates.
If you have checked and are sure that you need 8x9 terrains, then use this number of terrains.
But in the final, after you finish working with RWT, this number of terrains is better to split into separate scenes (for example, using World Streamer). This will greatly reduce the memory usage of your application, and increase performance.

First of all, Google or Bing (Microsoft) is not the owners of tiles.
They are supplied by third-party vendors such as DigitalGlobe.
If you're worried about legality, just buy tiles or satellite imagery from DigitalGlobe.

Next, here is Microsoft Bing Maps Platform API Terms Of Use :
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/maps/product/terms
This does not prohibit the creation and distribution of derived images from tiles obtained using the official API.

Any

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7wu4m9o9t6t3 … 1.mp4?dl=0

A couple of moments:
Do not choose colors from SceneView or GameView, because it is affected by scene lighting and global lighting.
Open the image in any graphic editor or viewer.
In IrfanView, I look at the desired color in the window title.

Thanks

i wrote in quote sorry.

YOu already looked at problems with buildr2 ?

Also can you make use BuildR2 with hosues like that:

Also are there good way make similar houses like this in / with BUildR2
and randomly generate them then:

https://elements.envato.com/shale-country-house-THXZWH

https://elements.envato.com/shale-style-house-RM7ZUZ

https://elements.envato.com/contemporar … sin-H2YU3X

https://elements.envato.com/modern-hous … oof-NLGA82

Or sue RWT  to spawn ready 3D model houses we make self at the places where in OSM the houses are  ?

So to have a third   option in Building tab at RWT spawn object / 3d houses as buildings at the places of OSM     and if work size etc them like buildr2 ?

Regards

Please give us a few days for the experiments.

Most likely there should be a missing link.

Give this idea to BuildR developer and maybe he implements it.

Or sue RWT  to spawn ready 3D model houses we make self at the places where in OSM the houses are  ?

So to have a third   option in Building tab at RWT spawn object / 3d houses as buildings at the places of OSM     and if work size etc them like buildr2 ?

We will not add this feature to the RWT.
But you can already do this by writing a small script that will find all BuildR (or built-in) buildings, instantiate in the same position random building from your collection, and remove the old building.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

Please give us a few days for the experiments.

Most likely there should be a missing link.

Give this idea to BuildR developer and maybe he implements it.

We will not add this feature to the RWT.
But you can already do this by writing a small script that will find all BuildR (or built-in) buildings, instantiate in the same position random building from your collection, and remove the old building.

Why not:  We will not add this feature to the RWT.

Because its also usefull for your clients.

And the link are all above !

I very much doubt that anyone will use it, because the automatic placement of such buildings will never give a good result in generators based on real world data.
Even in the countryside.

Such buildings will work well in procedural generators, like Gaia or MapMagic.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Alex Vertax wrote:

I very much doubt that anyone will use it, because the automatic placement of such buildings will never give a good result in generators based on real world data.
Even in the countryside.

Such buildings will work well in procedural generators, like Gaia or MapMagic.

Sry yes for the Buildr2 things before yes i give you days i only asked because your have the best asset for this and what we need but some things wrong or mussing sry sad

if the are right rotated to road with the house door its look much better then now in countryside villages

should i send you screenshots how bad the buildr2 look because of gabled has bad roof lkoks not liike it shoukd at all textures etc and door at all 4 sides and often not in middle etc.

i can send some screenshots.

also is there a way imuse RWT terrain with WorldCreator Pro unity because Worldcreator makes the terrain more Rocky and locking mire real with texture and very rocky mountains like real. 
because if use WorldCreator roads And Buildings not work sad  wrong heights etc

so can you integrate it or so ?  or make that RWT make create a better looking terrain rockyer and texture it automatic .

or have you good solution .

regards

if the are right rotated to road with the house door its look much better then now in countryside villages

The problem is that RWT does not know which side of the road.
The modules for generating buildings and roads are absolutely independent, and do not pass data to each other.

also is there a way imuse RWT terrain with WorldCreator Pro unity because Worldcreator makes the terrain more Rocky and locking mire real with texture and very rocky mountains like real.
because if use WorldCreator roads And Buildings not work sad  wrong heights etc

so can you integrate it or so ?  or make that RWT make create a better looking terrain rockyer and texture it automatic .

I already tested WorldCreator earlier.
Unfortunately, I do not remember why i did not make the integration.
Most likely i just found a more important goal for implementation, and then just forgot about WorldCreator.
If you need I can test the possibility of creating the integration again.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.