Topic: high quality texture

Hello!

So, I have created a style that I like, on Mapbox, and I want this downloaded in my world, to lay on top of the terrain I already have.

And I am trying to use RWT to download this, but after I press "Start", the button remains pressed in, and nothing happens, and unity goes into "not responding".

What settings would I need for an area that is about 100 square kilometers, and I would need the road text etc to be as crisp as possible.

My terrain is split up into 7x7, but that is not necessary. Whatever is the best and easiest for RWT.

Best regards,
Svien

Re: high quality texture

Hello.

Most likely you use too high settings, and RWT takes a long time to create a list of files to download.
Try to wait longer, or reduce texture settings or count terrains, or reduce "Textures / Max level".

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

So I just had the computer running overnight, and when I got back, it had indeed started downloading.
But it wanted to download over 90gig... That is a bit drastic tongue

What is limiting the download speed? It is no even downloading with 1mb/s for me, and here at work, we have 1gb/s speeds.

What would you suggest I do when I only need the textures of the area?
It seems that downloading through RWT takes a lot of time, and gets very big very quickly.

You will never get 1gb / s speed when downloading small files.

There are many things that limit the speed, but basically it's:
1. RWT downloads 16 files in parallel. But you have about 450k files.
And of course it will use a lot of memory, and work pretty slowly.
2. Mapbox takes time to generate your tiles.
I believe that MapBox has fast and well-optimized code, but in any case it works much more slowly than just returning a file.
In addition, Mapbox is not designed for bulk downloading of tiles.

I strongly recommend that you limit "Textures / Max level", up to 2-4 levels.
For example, RWT shows that will be used Max level - 23, and you replace Max level - Auto, to Max level - 20.

You can try using some tool for downloading tiles (for example GMapCacher).
Or if you have programming experience, you can try to create such a tool yourself. It's not very difficult.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Yes, and I were not expecting 1gb/s smile But at least faster than 1 mb every other second.

The best solution would be to use RWT, as this would line up with the game perfectly.
Does the count of terrain/texture(for meshes) effect the detail of the texture?

And, I'm curious about the download size.
After I downloaded 4gig yesterday, the folder that were added in RWT_Results were just over 100MB in size.
What happens to the rest of the 4GB that were downloaded?

Yes, this affects to the quality of textures.

RWT does not know the real size of the files that will be downloaded, and calculates this based on the average file size (20kb). Depending on the provider and the type of tiles, the file size can be very different. For example, satellite tiles have a much larger size than other types of tiles (like stylized maps).

All providers have different maximum zoom.
In addition, the same provider has a different maximum zoom in different regions of the earth.
Perhaps you have reached the maximum zoom, but RWT will still try to download all the tiles.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

During the last 24 hours, I've actually tried to download 15gb of data (And the folder grew only 1gb, I dont get that tongue).
You can see the images for the result, but I could only upload one here, so I  have a link to the the settings that were used.
https://imgur.com/a/Vm924No

Any higher than these settings would result in 90+ gb to download. I would assume that there is no other way of downloading better textures?

As far as I know, Mapbox has a maximum zoom of 20.
So it makes no sense to use "Max level - 21".
RWT just spends time trying to download non-existent tiles.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Hmm, I thought the highest were 24 or 23. Anyway, I did get a result from those settings, though, I see now that the image didnt make it into the post.
https://imgur.com/a/IUVfCvP

This is what i achieved with the settings from the previous post.
And I cant seem to be able to get anything better than this. Which is a shame, so I guess I'll have to try other ways.

But thank you very much for your help though! big_smile