Topic: Question about Online Map Usage . . . [new user]

I'm going to buy Online map assets for my application in android / iOS project in Unity3D

I have few questions . . .

1. Does Online Maps run on both android / iOS?

2. Does it use any must paid API from google? for example, (in google map style) does it call some information like static / dynamic map API so i have to limit the api usage?

3. If i would like to do some Store locator Application, Does this asset could provide me some stuff like markers and text on lat,lon coordinates?

Thanks for your help !

Re: Question about Online Map Usage . . . [new user]

Hello.

1. Yes, Online Maps works on iOS and Android.
2. Optionally.
Online Maps has classes for working with most useful Google API Webservices. But only you decide to use it or not.
The same thing with tile providers. Online Maps has presets for all compatible sources of the tiles, but only you choose which provider suits you for quality, price, terms of use, etc.
3. I do not know what is "Store locator Application".
Yes, you can have markers and texts on geocoordinates.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks for replying

one more question . . .

After I purchase your asset, and I only use the google map and their coordinates, Do I have to use my API key? I found that Online Map uses google tile maps, so I can't find that in normal google API plan.

Online Maps can use tiles not only from Google Maps.
If you want to use Google Maps tiles legally, the only way is Google Tiles API:
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/tile/
Or just use an another (not Google Maps) source of tiles.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Does it mean I have to provide my own source of map right? or I get the map to use with your asset...?
Sorry for not cleared question...

Online Maps has presets for all known compatible tile sources that you can use for test purposes.
Sources of tiles can be paid (Google Maps, DigitalGlobe, etc.), paid with a free quota (Mapbox, Here, Bing Maps, etc.), and free (Open Street Map, etc.).
If you want to use a paid source of tiles, of course you need to pay for it to the tile provider.

In addition, you can use tiles from custom source, for example your own WMS server.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

I see! Does Online Maps Presets has information in Thailand?

Yes, each preset has a global coverage.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thanks for all the answer! I might have some more when i'm start using it haha big_smile