Topic: Building Footprints Too Small

Hi all,

I am having an issue where all of the 3D buildings appear to have had the building footprint scale turned way down.
As in, the building all have the right shape, but they are about 1/10th of the correct length and width.
Heres a video i took showing the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxErLzMwE60

I had the map gameobject scaled down in order to fit in the camera's view in an AR game, so maybe thats the issue? The scale of the map gameobject didnt affect the imagery though, so I'm not sure why it would affect the buildings differently.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Building Footprints Too Small

Hello.

Yes, the problem is that the map GameObject is scaled.
Better use OnlineMapsTileSetControl.Resize to change the size of the map in the scene.
http://infinity-code.com/doxygen/online … 600c27ca50

In any case, the problem is fixed.
Thanks for the bug report.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by epgra 2018-04-20 03:02:14)

Thank you for the advice! That definitely gets me on the right track.  Are you sure it wont work if I just set the gameobject size to 1x1? 

If not, could you possibly help me understand how to use the script you linked?  I assume I should just copy and paste into the map gameobject c# script -- anywhere in particular? anything I should know before trying that?  I've never done any scripting but I'm happy to take a crack at it if you just give me a rough idea of how...

thanks again for your help! This asset rules.
Evan

I see.
Just copy the values from Transform.Scale (XZ) to Size In Scene (XY), and set Transform.Scale = (1, 1, 1).

In the next version this will work correctly with the scaled GameObject.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi Alex,

I'm noticing the same in the latest version when scaling down the map or parent gameobject. I the bug back again or am I doing something wrong?

I produced it by setting a scale other thans 1,1,1 on the map, e.g. 0.5,0.5,0.5 and press play in unity after.

In understand your suggested fix and we can implemented it, but if possible, being able to scale gameobjects would be nice. Either way, thanks again!

Hello.

Thanks for the bug report.
The problem is fixed, and in the next version it will work correctly.

How can you fix it right now. OnlineMapsBuildingBase.cs (lines 199 - 200):

float sw = OnlineMapsUtils.tileSize * map.tilesetSize.x / map.tilesetWidth;
float sh = OnlineMapsUtils.tileSize * map.tilesetSize.y / map.tilesetHeight;
Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Thanks Alex!