Topic: Custom Open Map Styles

Is there a way to design a map style for OSM using an editor like this which could then be selected in OnlineMaps?

https://maputnik.github.io/editor/#12.24/47.3718/8.5481

Re: Custom Open Map Styles

I see the example in the atlas for MapBox, but wondered if there were a version for one of the open providers.

Hello.

Unfortunately, the current version of Online Maps does not support vector tiles.
We plan to add support for vector tiles in the future.

I did not find a way to get raster tiles from this service.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks for the response. I'll look into it more later, but OnlineMaps already has Mapnik as an option for the OSM provider. The link I provided is just an editor that lets you easily create styles. I think you then save them as JSONs. It's getting the JSONs to the right place that seems to be the next step.

If my comments reflect an underlying misunderstanding, do let me know. Thanks again.

One of the reasons I ask is that it appears OSM has the capability to display buildings via these filters and I wanted to look into the viability of their use as an alternative to the Buildings component. It's not the only reason, but I thought it looked interesting:

https://github.com/openmaptiles/klokantech-3d-gl-style

I've already seen it.
I will tell you more, we have already made a some tests to implement this.
And in the future, Online Maps will be able to use this.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

But right now the only way to implement custom styles in Online Maps is via MapBox?

MapBox or Google Maps.
All other raster tile providers does not supports styling.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.