Topic: HoloLens setup

I haven't been able to get any map visible on HoloLens. All I'm seeing is a flat gray surface the size of the map. I have tried to use 2D and 3D maps with both texture and tileset targets. Every time the same result.

Based on my quick browsing through this forum, it seems that others have succeeded in getting OnlineMaps working on HoloLens. So I'm seeking some assistance on how to do the basic OnlineMaps setup to get things running on HoloLens as well. Have anyone else had this kind of behaviour or is it just me?

Running Unity 2017.3 and the latest OnlineMaps version.

Re: HoloLens setup

Hello.

If you have a gray surface this means that the tiles were not loaded.
Make sure that your application has the necessary permissions to access the Internet, and the device has an Internet connection.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by Jukkauuno 2018-01-25 05:12:58)

I'll check the interwebs access - it should be fine but I'll test the connection separately.

It seems that there might be a bug in Unity causing this:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/possibl … on.511115/

I'll test also with 2017.2.0f3 and see if it helps.

Test with Unity 2017.3:
Interwebs access seems to be working (tested online video clip + Unity VideoPlayer component). Still the map tiles are not applied --> plain gray map plane.

Test with Unity 2017.2.1p2:
Everything is working just fine.

I'll just stick to 2017.2 - as suggested by the official HoloLens development recommendations wink