1 (edited by SonGoku10c 2017-12-28 18:53:08)

Topic: Dowload error

hi

The program shows:

Dowload error: http://service.infinity-code.com/earthd … L1.hgt.zip
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus (System.Net.WebAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SetResponseData (System.Net.WebConnectionData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.RealWorldTerrainDownloaderItem:OnUploadValuesComplete(Object, UploadValuesCompletedEventArgs) (at Assets/Infinity Code/Real World Terrain/Scripts/Editor/Utils/RealWorldTerrainDownloaderItem.cs:183)
System.Net.WebClient:<UploadValuesAsync>m__15(Object)

I think I know where the error is. The file doesn't exist. You can't download N30E128.SRTMGL1.hgt.zip, because it doesn't exist. What can I do to create a terrain?

Edit:
the problem occurs at SRTM and at SRTM30

Cooridinates:
<Coords tlx="128.48939999999993" tly="45.62034" brx="145.84230000000002" bry="30.10998"><POIs><POI x="136.25739999999996" y="38.37253">Japan</POI></POIs></Coords>

Re: Dowload error

Hello.

In this area, 140 parts of SRTM30 are missed.
You can use another source of elevation data (Bing Maps, Mapbox).
Or we have added the ability to RWT ignore such errors, and continued to download data and generate terrains.
The new version is already available through the built-in update system.

P.S. This is the largest area I have ever tried to create.
Screenshot attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon img1.png 861.76 kb, 125 downloads since 2017-12-29 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

damn. that looks great. ^^ does the ocean in your scene also have terrain or is this only because of the images?

Ocean, this is just an image.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Is there a way to speed up the unterwater area generation? This takes much longer then the normal terrain generation. The ocean is only a flat surface.

Unfortunately no.
Generation of underwater areas requires a lot of calculations, and can not be done in a separate thread.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

OK. I found another problem. Max Underwater Depth doesn't work with SRTM30. I tryed every combination, but nothing. Still everytime the same depth, like it was 0. With the normal SRTM I get the depths I want with no problem.