Topic: Sparkling terrain texture at a certain distance

Hi !
I built a terrain with tiles 2000x2000 m, for a resolution of 4096x4096 pixels per tile.

I get very annyoning sparkling effect on the texture at a certain distance. Far from the ground ,image is correct, then closer I have moiré and sparkling details, and closer agin it is OK again.

Any solution to fix that ? Maybe a shader or some setting on the textures, lightning or else ? I searched for a while without finding a solution.... Help very much welcome !

Best regards, Phil

Re: Sparkling terrain texture at a certain distance

Hello.

I've never seen this.
What terrain shader are you using?
Try to use Relief Terrain Pack.
This gives an excellent result.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks Alex,

Here is a video I so you can see my concern : https://youtu.be/xSgL5J_A9ew

Anyway, I bought RTP.

This asset seems very powerfull, but I have no time to make a complete tour, I am in a hurry... Is there somewhere a "simple" tutorialwhere I can learn the essantial about how to improve a google map (satellite) captured with RWT ?

Best regards

I think the problem is that you have turned off anisotropic filtering.
Edit / Project Settings / Quality / Anisotropic Textures - Forced On.

There is no some special tutorial or settings.
RTP works fine with the default settings.
For more information on how to use RTP, see the documentation and/or the developer's website.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi Alex
Thanks for the answer, I confirm that Anisotropic textures is "forced on"
Maybe another parameter ? Here are my qualitysettings.
Best regards !
settings

Try this:
Texture Import Settings / Generate Mip Maps - ON

http://i64.tinypic.com/2m4abg6.png

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

The artifacts disapear with mipmaps on, thanks a lot !

I have 3 other questions :

- I plan to buy online maps too because I need to add roads and other infos from OSM on my map, and dont see really the interest of RWT if I have OL maps ? Is there anywhere a tutorial explaining the integration of OL Maps with RWT ?

I have made a large terrain highly detailed (20x20km), but I have 2 problems :

- The texture exceeds 4GB so I get an error message when I build the standalone executable. Which is the better way ? Stream the terrain (with worldstreamer for instance) ? Assetbundles ? Help and tutorial about this issue would be great...

- When I am far from the origin coordinates (0,0,0) the vive controllers become "blurry" because of the floating point precision.

Do you think this asset could solve my issues : https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/t … g-kit-5982 Or anything else ?

Online Maps allows you to show the coordinate or some GameObject from terrain on the map.
Something like minimap.
But this does not give you the ability to generate roads.
To generate roads, you need to have EasyRoads3D v3 or Road Architect.

RWT has integration with WorldStreamer, and you can split terrains into scenes.
More details can be found in WorldStreamer documentation.

I think this asset will not help your problem.
Try to simply scale down your terrains (Real World Terrain Container / Tools / Scaler).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

OK thanks I will try this...
Best regards !