Topic: Custom ToolTip Like in Promo Images on Asset Store

Hello
I really like to know how the tooltip is displayed in the promo images used on the Asset Store page.
https://d2ujflorbtfzji.cloudfront.net/p … scaled.jpg.
I can't get the custom tooltip demo script to work so I'm not sure how this effect was created. I have used the sample scripts for creating custom tool tip marker etc but still it is not showing up . Can you please help me in a little detail... I have seen the earlier post on forum but that didn't help me either.
I have a canvas inside it a rawimage which is the parent of map gameobject. Its a texture map 512x512. Currently it is working fine when i show user location and a self created marker on it using the default text tooltip.
Moreover there was a case when i used the custom tool tip script code and added my own logic to it i managed to show my custom tooltip on map but its position was wrong it was not moving above the marker when i drag the map.
Please help me
Thanks!

Re: Custom ToolTip Like in Promo Images on Asset Store

Hello.

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkh9c9ml32bek … 2.mp4?dl=0

A slightly modified script from the atlas of examples is used (attached).

Unfortunately, I can not send you a demo scene, because the scene uses a third-party paid asset (UI Builder).

I hope the video will be enough to help you make such a tooltip.

Most likely, your tooltip was incorrectly positioned because the example uses Screen Space - Overlay, and you used Screen Space - Camera or World Space.
I added support for this in the script that is attached, and made changes to the example.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon uGUICustomTooltipForAllMarkersExample3.cs 2.6 kb, 106 downloads since 2017-11-22 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks Alex... your script did solve the positioning issue to some extent... But now after i hover over the marker the custom tooltip appears and disappears so quickly creating a blinking scenario.. How can i fix this ?

One more thing...the tooltip position in Editor seems to be perfect over the top of the marker but in android apk it is showing over the marker and not on top of it.

This is because some element of your tooltip has Raycast Target - ON.
Find and disable it, and the problem will go away.

This can be bypassed in this way (line 55):
Replace:

screenPosition.y += tooltipMarker.height;

to:

const float editorScreenHeight = 606; // Your height of Scene View. Actually it can be any constant.
screenPosition.y += tooltipMarker.height * Screen.height / editorScreenHeight;
Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thanks Alex... It seems to Fix the issue.
I must say great support smile
One last thing can you tell me how can i improve the map quality ? I am using a texture map with 512x512 and even tried 1024x1024 but the map quality on tablet still comes a little blurry.
Thanks

Example how to adjust the size of the map to fit the screen and thereby increase the quality attached.
But for mobile devices we strongly recommend using tileset.
It works much faster and has many exclusive features.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon AdjustMapToScreen3.cs 1.22 kb, 102 downloads since 2017-11-23 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.