Topic: wrong positions tracked

We are using online maps to track the route that a user has travelled with his mobile phone, very much like a running app.

The path is drawn using a OnlineMapsDrawingLine that is instantiated once and where additional points added with every "OnLocationChanged" call.

Now, even though "find location by IP" is disabled, the Marker position jumps around and goes to what seems random positions from time to time if the mobile phone is not moving at all.

So even if the mobile device is resting in place (inside a building), the app "tracks" positions and shows an incorrect path as seen on the attached screenshot.

Also, is there a way to increase the line resolution for the OnlineMapsDrawingLine? It seems like the resolution is not as high as it would be possible on the device.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon wrong_positions.png 204.78 kb, 72 downloads since 2017-11-02 

Re: wrong positions tracked

Hello.

Online Maps Location Service is a wrapper for Unity Location Service.
This means that what location gives Unity Location Service, such location has Online Maps Location Service.
No more and no less.
If Unity Location Service data is not suitable for you, you can implement your own Location Service class with your own data (for example directly from the device sensors) by inheriting OnlineMapsLocationServiceBase class.

Unfortunately, I did not understand what you mean by "line resolution".
Please rephrase your question.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

@Alex Vertax
Thank you for the quick reply!

I was not aware that the GPS data comes from Unity Location Service. I'll have a look at how to improve this then.

Regarding the "line resolution":
Is the line "rendered" on the final texture of e.g. 512x512? Or is it drawn by a line renderer as a separate game object?
Because in the first case, when zooming the texture, then the line gets blurry, where as in the second case, the line would stay "sharp". Do you know what I mean?

It depends on the control.
If you use tileset, then the line is mesh (something like our own implementation of LineRenderer).
In other cases, the line is drawn into the texture, and the resolution of the line depends on the resolution of the texture.
But Online Maps does not force you to use OnlineMapsDrawingLine.
You can use your own way of drawing lines, for example LineRenderer, GL, etc.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.