Topic: Unity UI map

Not sure if I am missing it but is there a way to use this plugin in the unity UI?. Seems like all old style gui.

Re: Unity UI map

Hello.

You can use the map inside UI:
1. GameObject / Infinity Code / Online Maps / Map Wizard
2. Map type - 2D
3. Control - UI Image or UI RawImage

But by default, tooltips will still use the old UI system.
You can work around this in this way:
http://infinity-code.com/atlas/online-m … ample.html

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Will try this. Thanks

This worked Thanks. however when I zoom in/to a certain level. Unity freezes but it still responding. My whole ring slows down at this point.

Any Idea what may be causing this?

What is the texture size you use?
And, please attach a screenshot of your settings.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Resolution is 512.

https://imgur.com/a/AMovI

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzrqk69az24xv … 1.mp4?dl=0
I missed something?

Perhaps this video will help you find the problem.
If the problem persists, please send your scene/project to us (support@infinity-code.com).
To make it clear:
I do not need your working project. I need any project where the problem is appears.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

8 (edited by xenetics 2017-10-13 15:58:29)

I redid it after watching your video and I get the same issue. Unity locks up when scrolling in and out a lot. Takes 05 CPU and only sitting at 300mb memory. It seems like its trying to do something in the back since my whole pc becomes sluggish. I have waited 10 minutes for something to happen and nothing.

Yah the only thing you did not do is set Provider to google maps and the type to terrain.

Also the tooltip. I'm not confident I have made it right. Is it just a text UI Object?

9 (edited by xenetics 2017-10-13 19:05:46)

So after some more testing I have determined it is the labels. At least I am pretty sure. As it only happens on close zoom.

A screenshot of my tooltip prefab is attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon img1.png 100.85 kb, 81 downloads since 2017-10-15 

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

ok yep nothing wrong there.

So It does appear everything is set up the same as you. In your video you did not set it to google maps in terrain mode and zoom in and out to the extremes fast. For me it seems to happen when zooming but more so the further I zoom.

Also just to note. The project throws no errors prior to or following this issue. Once it happens it emulates not responding but is still technically responding. At first glance, this seems like a threading issue. I dunno if any threading is happening in the plugins on DLL side.

Provider of tiles does not matter.
I do not think that zooming speed matters in this case.

Online Maps does not contain a DLL.
You can disable multithreading (Online Maps / Troubleshooting / Render In Thread - OFF).

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

I will test some more but turning off Render in thread seems to have worked. The map definitely takes longer to initialize but once it does works fine.

Will update after testing. Thanks