1 (edited by genar 2017-07-18 13:36:13)

Topic: Map jittery/stuttert - 2D Map is just black

Hey there !

Today i noticed the following, when the user moves the map fast, ist very jittery and not very smooth. Is there a way to fix that ?
It happens on nearly all devices and also in Editor. Tested it on nearly all Scenes.

One other Thing i want to mention is, that when i create a 2D map, its completly black, it only Shows the Google map view, when i move the map around. As soon as i stop moving its black again... Thats also weierd. Any ideas how to fix that ?

Re: Map jittery/stuttert - 2D Map is just black

Hello.

Online Maps take some time to load tiles.
If you plan to do a quick move, you need to preload the required tiles to reduce delays.

Most likely you did not assign a map texture to the display source.
The solution is very simple - assign the map texture to the display source.
If the problem persists, perhaps your texture have the wrong format and/or settings.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by genar 2017-07-18 19:18:50)

Alright thanks ! The solution for the "black" map problem worked fine. Maybe i was a bit inaccurate, but the problem isnt that the map jitters/stuttert when i move to new unloaded regions, the problem is that the map is already loaded, but when i move it around it jitters or laggs. I would call them micro lags. Its a bit difficult to catch them on a video... But they are noticeable.

Is it possible to interpolate the map view / camera to make map movement look smoother, like mapbox ?

And by the way... how would preloading the tiles around my player work ?

Thanks again smile

Please send screenshots of your Online Maps and control settings.
What size of texture are you using?

What do you mean «map movement look smoother, like mapbox»?

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Think i fixed it now, there was an iusse with the map Resolution and the actual size in Editor >.<