1 (edited by aero 2017-06-26 22:41:11)

Topic: Does this map asset work with AR SDKs for GeoLocation?

I have not got this product yet, I want to make sure it supports what i need.
Did any one test this with an AR sdk like Wikitude for geo-location, do you use the script provided with this map asset to place object on a location or do you use wikitdue script to do it?

Thank you

Re: Does this map asset work with AR SDKs for GeoLocation?

Hello.

Theoretically, this should be compatible, because Wikitude has a plugin for Unity.
But, we did not test this. Honestly, I first hear about wikitude at all.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by aero 2017-06-27 02:48:38)

Thanks for the answer, so about the Online Maps asset, you can place an object on a certain lat-long coordinates using C# code and save that mark?

Yes.

http://infinity-code.com/atlas/online-m … tml#Marker

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

I think I'm trying to do the exactly same as @aero - to recreate something like this https://www.wikitude.com/showcase/hotel … or-hotels/ 
Could it be done just with Online Maps plus overlaying the camera view? e.g. using this asset assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/81488 (overlaying only the markers from Online Maps on the captured camera view)
So no need to use Wikitude SDK at all.
The challenge is to get the camera view to align with the Online Maps. Does this sound possible based on Online Maps?

Hello.

Theoretically - this is possible.
Practically - I think this is the wrong way.
You will try to force the map work not as planned.
But in fact you just need a few formulas for orientation and distance (which you can easily find on the Internet) to position your markers in AR.
In my opinion, it's much easier to do this without a map.
In addition, it will work much faster.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.