Topic: Path making from Marker to marker

Hello I would like to know how to create a path (line) from one marker to another. My goal is to have one marker be the phone holder and the other be a building. I want the path to follow the streets so that the user can figure out which street to take to reach that building (like you would with google maps route finding). Sorry if this question is simple, I am new to this. Thanks

Re: Path making from Marker to marker

Hello

Example:
http://infinity-code.com/atlas/online-m … ample.html

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hello again, thanks for your quick response earlier. The code above worked but I need something that uses walkways for people not in cars (the above code only gave street directions) (Example: shows paths through a park or school). It seems like your Open Route Service code does this but the example code fails when it tries to access steps in the OnlineMapDirectionStep code (I copied and pasted so it should have worked I guess). Is there any way to fix this?

I realize my earlier example might have been hard to understand. Attached is a picture that better shows what I mean. I want the directions to use those brown paths (not the streets) because people will be on foot.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YRE … sp=sharing

Hello.

You can use any route service (Google Directions API, HERE Routing API, Open Route Service) to find a walking route.
An example of how to get the steps from response of Open Route Service:
http://infinity-code.com/atlas/online-m … ample.html
But now there are some problems (connection refused) with openls.geog.uni-heidelberg.de/route.
Try using this later, or use an another route service.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

6 (edited by valerio.paventi 2017-06-27 00:44:23)

Hi,

I have same connection problem with google, is it my own problem?

Find direction failed
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
InfinityCode.OnlineMapsExamples.FindDirectionExample:OnFindDirectionComplete(String) (at Assets/Infinity Code/Online maps/Examples (API usage)/FindDirectionExample.cs:46)
OnlineMapsTextWebService:OnRequestComplete(OnlineMapsWWW) (at Assets/Infinity Code/Online maps/Scripts/WebServices/Base/OnlineMapsTextWebService.cs:56)
OnlineMapsWWW:Finish() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Online maps/Scripts/ExtraTypes/OnlineMapsWWW.cs:195)
<WaitResponse>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Online maps/Scripts/ExtraTypes/OnlineMapsWWW.cs:307)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Hello.

What does the response contain?

Debug.Log(response);

Actually, there can be many reasons why this does not work, for example:
* Corporate proxy blocks access.
* In your country Google is blocked (for customers from China).
* You have exceeded the quota of requests.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

I have only that message, and i havent a proxy active, i live in europe and i requested it max 5 times

I mean, add to the top of OnFindDirectionComplete:

Debug.Log(response);

Read the server's response, and if the problem is persists send me the content of the response.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.