Topic: Markers and graphics drift when aspect ratio is not square

Hi,
Our app is landscape orientation and so I need fill the area 16:9 or 16:10 with the map, which I saw is possible by adapting the size in scene and width and height of the tileset. That works actually great, but the markers or I guess other graphics too (not tested yet) will shift around when panning the map and they clip in areas where they still should be visible.
If I use a 1:1 aspect ratio for the tileset and use a 16:9 size in scene then it works but of course is distorted which is a no go too.
So not sure if u can define it as a bug or a feature but it is something we would desperately need. Any ideas?

best,
Robert

Re: Markers and graphics drift when aspect ratio is not square

Hello.

Problem is that you use Width / Height (pixels) not equal to N * 256.
In this case, all conversions from geographical coordinates to Unity World Points and vice versa do not work correctly.

This is a known bug, and we are working on a fix.
But this is a very deep and complex problem, and we do not know when this will be fixed.

The solution is very simple: use Width / Height (pixels) = N * 256.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Re: Markers and graphics drift when aspect ratio is not square

thx very much, multiples of 256 work fine, this is good enough for our case, I imagine the other edge case is nasty to code.
And really I am very happy with this plugin and your work, I will write a personal review, when I have more time ( I already rated 5 stars anyway). Keep the good work up.
best,
Robert