Topic: Target - Texture: Invalid texture format (Unity 5.5)

Unity Version: 5.5.0f3
Platform: PC

When attempting to use a map with Target set to "Texture", I am receiving the following errors:

Invalid texture format
UnityEngine.Texture2D:SetPixels32(Color32[])
OnlineMaps:CheckBufferComplete() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Online maps/Scripts/OnlineMaps.cs:860)
OnlineMaps:LateUpdate() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Online maps/Scripts/OnlineMaps.cs:1101)
Unsupported texture format - needs to be ARGB32, RGBA32, RGB24, Alpha8 or one of float formats
UnityEngine.Texture2D:SetPixels(Color[])
OnlineMaps:OnDestroy() (at Assets/Infinity Code/Online maps/Scripts/OnlineMaps.cs:1142)

I ran a simple scene where I used the Map Wizard to create the Plane with the texture and used the Google Maps provider.

Some debugging shows that the texture, on which SetPixels32 is called, has a format of DXT5. This appears to be due to the fact that the TextureImporter in Unity 5.5 defaults to having textureCompression set to "Compression" and the textureFormat field looks to be deprecated. According to the documentation (https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReferenc … ssion.html), it looks like using "Compression" for textureCompression would result in a texture format of DXT5 (depending on the platform).

I do not have this issue in Unity 5.3.5f1 and my current work around for Unity 5.5.0f3 is to set the textureCompression on the texture importer to "Uncompressed". Making this change appears to be working for now but that has not be thoroughly tested.

I am not very familiar with Unity (or C# for that matter) so hopefully that all makes sense. Thanks for developing and maintaining this asset.

Re: Target - Texture: Invalid texture format (Unity 5.5)

Hello.

Thank you for bug report.

Actually, we already know about this problem and already fix it.
The new (fixed) version will be available soon through the built-in update system.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.