Topic: Setting the Altitude of a 3D Marker

Hi there,

Great package, thanks!

I am having trouble setting the altitude of 3D markers. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like the package was intended to only allow markers that conformed to the surface of the map? None of the methods seem to take altitude into consideration when a developer wants to set the altitude.

I have a script setup where I am able to set the altitude of the marker by changing its transform.position.y in a LateUpdate, and also setting the execution order for this script to +1 in the Script Execution Order setting in Unity to avoid jittering of position.

My first issue, however, is that I am not sure what values to set for the altitude, as I do not know how that relates to distance on the map. I am currently setting arbitrary y values, it would be nice to be able to set the altitude through a method and forget about it.

My second issue  is because I am setting the trannsform.position.y of the object, it appears to be at the same height relative to each zoom level. So if I am zoomed close to the surface and it looks like it may be at the right altitude, when I zoom out, it appears to be extremely high (still at the same y position, but the map itself has zoomed out).

Is there a way to accomplish this through the API? If not, what is the proper way to do this through setting the transform.position.y manually?

Thanks!

Re: Setting the Altitude of a 3D Marker

Hello.

We plan to add altitude for 3d markers, but it is not yet implemented.

Example of working with altitude has in «Fly» scene, the script «Aircraft.cs».

You have 2 ways:
1. Manually position of GameObject on the map (without markers, like in Fly scene).
2. Change transform.position.y of 3D markers.
Subscribe to OnlineMaps.OnMapUpdated, and when this event invoked update position.y of markers.

To prevent jittering, wrap your marker in the new empty GameObject, and update the transform.position.y of internal GameObject.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Okay, gotcha.

I saw the Fly scene, but I need to be able to zoom and pan the map and move the object as well, so that is why I was hoping to use a 3D marker.

I will work with the transform.position.y for now.

What is the timeline like for 3d marker altitude? Is that a feature that may be in the next version?

Thanks for the help!

Hello.

This feature did not have clear timeline, because no one asked about it.
If you need it, we will speed up the development of this feature, and implement it in the next beta version.
I think it will be available next week.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

That would be fantastic! I look forward to seeing the beta.

Hi there. Has there been any changes implemented in the tool that provides elevation for markers? Thanks!

Hello.

Yes, this feature has already been implemented, and a new version (beta) is available through the built-in update system.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Ah, I see! I wasn't aware of the build-in update system until now. Fantastic! Thank you very much. Performance seems better too.

What unit of measurement is the altitude in? Is it in meters, or feet? Or something else?

Hello.

Altitude in meters.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.