Topic: Online Maps v3 beta
We start testing Online Maps v3.
The new version is already available through the built-in update system in "Channel - Beta".
Important: Import this into a new project or first remove Online Maps v2.
When updating assets, always make a backup of your project first.
Important: Online Maps v3 has major changes to the API, and most likely you will see a lot of obsolete warnings in the console. Do not panic. Your project will work well in 99% of cases without any changes.
Just follow the instructions in the warning to fix it.
The main list of changes is not large, but in fact almost 30-50% of the code has changed.
This is something like a huge refactoring, which is necessary for the further development and support of Online Maps with a some number of new features.
- Smooth zoom for all controls.
- Integration with EasyTouch and Touch Script.
- All the logic of markers, drawing element, tooltips, camera control, elevations is moved to separate components.
- Added support for ArcGIS and Mapbox elevations.
- The state saving system has been improved.
- Now you do not need to specify target for control. This is determined automatically.
- Support for DF-GUI and iGUI has been removed.
Online Maps v3 contains all the changes made for Online Maps v2.5.
Unfortunately, we cut out many unfinished features to force the beginning of testing.
We will continue to develop and add these features in future versions.
Online Maps v3 beta supports Unity 2017.1 or later.
Infinity Code Team