Topic: UIImage not working in Unity 2017.3.p2

I want a map that is part of a Unity user interface (the newer system, not the OnGUI stuff). I have tried using the map wizard to create a basic UIImage in a canvas, but all I get is a white rectangle. Is this a known problem, and is there a workaround?

Re: UIImage not working in Unity 2017.3.p2

Hello.

You need to start the scene to see the map.
If you want to save the texture map, then in playmode click «Save State» and turn on «Texture».

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

3 (edited by julian_at_pf 2018-03-20 08:13:06)

Alex Vertax wrote:

Hello.

You need to start the scene to see the map.
If you want to save the texture map, then in playmode click «Save State» and turn on «Texture».

Hi Alex. Yes I tried that, but it's still a white rectangle. I tried UIRawImage and that worked better, but UIImage appears to be broken.

Repro -

* New scene
* Create a Canvas
* Right-click on canvas, Infinity Code > Online Maps > Map Wizard
* Select 2D
* Select UIImage
* Drag Canvas into parent target
* Click Create
* Adjust latitude and longitude
* Play scene

The view is just a white rectangle. (If I select UIRawImage instead of UIImage , though, I get a map as expected.)

Frequency 100%
Unity 2017.3.0p2 64-bit on Windows 10

Bump.

I'm very sorry that I missed your message.

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0ei1au9kftb2 … 2.mp4?dl=0

As you can see, this works correctly in Unity 2017.3.0f3.
Did I miss something?
If necessary I can install 2017.3.p2, but honestly I do not think that the problem is in p2.

What version of Online Maps do you use?

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

6 (edited by julian_at_pf 2018-04-04 13:11:59)

Alex Vertax wrote:

I'm very sorry that I missed your message.

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0ei1au9kftb2 … 2.mp4?dl=0

As you can see, this works correctly in Unity 2017.3.0f3.
Did I miss something?
If necessary I can install 2017.3.p2, but honestly I do not think that the problem is in p2.

What version of Online Maps do you use?

Hi Alex

v2.5

I did exactly what you did in the video - white canvas, no map.

ETA: but when I click and drag in the white rectangle, the map appears. So there's still an issue, but maybe that's a clue as to what might be happening?

ETA: also, it appears that when the image is created, its Source Image field is None. When I click, it appears to generate a new texture for that. Alternatively, if I drag the auto-generated OnlineMaps texture into that slot and run, I also get the map immediately. So it looks like there's a bit of lash-up not being doing by the wizard.

This problem was fixed in v2.5.30.
The current version is 2.5.34.
Perhaps you are using some previous version.
Just update Online Maps through Unity Asset Store or the built-in update system.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.