1 (edited by Bartolomeus 2017-12-06 14:26:00)

Topic: Terrain with water areas

Hello,

I have a question about generating terrains with water areas. I work on a ship simulator, so I need to create real world terrain with large water areas. Is it possible to create terrains with RWT without the water "textures" like in the preview pics on the asset store and replace these textures with a water asset like Ultimate Water System? What about underwater terrain, would it also be possible to generate water depths?

Another question is, is RWT compatible with CTS?

Regards
Marko

Re: Terrain with water areas

Hello.

Yes, RWT can generate underwater areas, and you can use Ultimate Water System after generation.
Underwater area will still have a water texture.

To make it clear:
Generation of underwater areas is very slow, and for large areas of water it can take a long time.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Thank you for your quick response, so if I understand it correctly I can create areas with water but I still see the water texture?

Right after the generation - yes.
When you add a water framework, this will not be visible.
In addition, you can modify the result texture in any graphics editor and remove water areas.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

I've purchased the asset and I tried to generate the Dover Calais area with RWT. I have setup up the water depth to -174 and I also removed the water areas from the textures. Unfortunately, the terrain is still visible in the water areas.

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/4428/UumPtU.jpg

There is much more important how looks the coastline.
Find some island to see it.

If the coastline is correctly generated, just move the water a little bit up, or the terrains down.
If the coastline is not correct, please attach a screenshot of your settings. I will check it.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.