1 (edited by kjodo 2017-04-10 21:07:13)

Topic: RWT Online maps integration

Hello again. There appears to be some kind of integration of the two products RWT and Online Maps. So I've purchased both and am currently attempting it myself, but get this error when adding the OnlineMapsRWTConnector component: (note, I had to add "using InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain;")

/Online maps/Scripts/Plugins/OnlineMapsRWTConnector.cs(77,48): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type `InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.RealWorldTerrainItem[]' to `InfinityCode.RealWorldTerrain.RealWorldTerrainItem[,]'

Also, what kind of integration is this? Does this 'sort of' make RWT runtime?
I am using the newest versions of both assets in a new project with Buildr and easyroads imported in unity 5.5.0f3p.

Re: RWT Online maps integration

Hello.

You're asking for RWT v3, right?!
We'll fix the integration with RWT v3, and we'll release an update of Online Maps this week.

No, this does not give you the ability to generate runtime terrains.
This gives you the ability to display objects from terrains on a map, such as a player or NPC.

Online Maps has the ability to generate 3D maps with elevations (without using of RWT).

Theoretically, we can create a new asset that will generate runtime terrains.
We have all necessary data, knowledge and experience to do this.
But we do not know how many users would be interested such asset.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.