Topic: Map Drag Not working in example scene

Hi,

We were checking out your plugin on Android and iOS Devices and we found a strange bug. If you run the tileset scene on Android device and click on the seach Text Field then android/iOS keyboard opens. When you close the keyboard, then dragging on map stops working. The pinch gesture works fine but no matter how much you drag the map, it stays at the same place.

The issue only appears if keyboard is opened on device, I can use the map fine as long as i do not click on the Text Field to search.

Sample Apk can be downloaded from following URL.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv83f0w4o38kb … t.apk?dl=0

Re: Map Drag Not working in example scene

Hello.

This problem is already fixed.
Please update Online Maps through a built-in update (Component / Infinity Code / Online Maps / Check Updates) to the latest beta version.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I have updated to 2.2.0.10, but the issue is still there. I believe the following line is creating problem. If I comment it out then it fixes the issue. However I am not sure if commenting this will have any side effects.

#if !IGUI && ((!UNITY_ANDROID || !UNITY_IOS) || UNITY_EDITOR)
        if (GUIUtility.hotControl != 0) return;
#endif

The problem is fixed (again).
In addition, we added the ability to manually enable interaction under GUI (Troubleshooting / Not interact under GUI - OFF).

Please update Online Maps through a built-in update.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

Boost your productivity a lot and immediately using Ultimate Editor Enhancer. Trial and non-commerce versions available.

Fixed for me in 2.2.0.11 smile

Thanks a lot. Its fixed now.

Resurrecting an old topic, but it looks like it is on point.

Tried my first "Build and Run" on Android, and the application deploys and runs fine until we get to the map, where we see the following:

--touch inputs do not go to the map object (cannot scroll or zoom on the map), *even if there is no tablet input running* (the opposite of the comments above).

--all of my custom markers are offset to the bottom left of the screen, rendering all at the same location.

--touch input *is* working on my NGUI icons, so the tablet itself is sending touch input to the applicication.

To do some further troubleshooting, I ran the same (android) build under Unity Editor, and saw the same issues as above...and the console was throwing "The requested feature is not implemented." from the following code:

OnlineMapsControlBase.cs

public virtual bool GetCoords(out double lng, out double lat, Vector2 position)
    {
        throw new NotImplementedException();
    }

Is there a version of this override that needs to get compiled in for MOBILE_INPUT && CROSS_PLATFORM_INPUT define symbols which are forced by the Android Build Player Preferences?

Hello.

This is another problem.
OnlineMapsControlBase is the base class for controls. GetCoords overrides in other classes.

There are two possible mistakes:
1. You use OnlineMapsControlBase, OnlineMapsControlBase2D or OnlineMapsControlBase3D.
This is wrong. Remove this control, and add the correct control for your case.
2. You use NGUI, iGUI or DF-GUI, and do not click on «Enable XXX» in control. Just click the button.

Kind Regards,
Infinity Code Team.

9 (edited by stephen 2016-03-15 21:19:42)

Ahhh...actually, the problem is that the NGUI Script Define isn't being automatically populated in the Android Build Player Settings, so the entire control is #ifdef'ed out.

Resetting the Script Symbols to include NGUI fixed the marker positions, but map still not scrolling--I'll keep troubleshooting and report back smile

Thanks for the tip.